Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2008, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Singapore

Hi,

Anyone has been to Singapore and which places in Singapore have you visited?
Old Aug 23, 2008, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by ElvinYeo
Singapore is a very popular destination for US based FT'ers at least, and for FT'ers in general.

You should go visit this forum and just look thru the myriad posts that discuss what to do, what not to do, where to go, and how to make the most of one's time in SIN.

Welcome to FT, by the way!!
Dave
Old Aug 23, 2008, 6:23 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue the discussion in the Singapore forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Something about the OP's signature tell me he probably lives there already !
Old Aug 23, 2008, 8:24 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
How did the mods miss the spam?
Old Aug 23, 2008, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Savage25
How did the mods miss the spam?
Hello my friend, cool down. I am not spamming. If you actually read my topic, i am asking for review of places you visited in Singapore.

It is always great to share the places we have visited and post the personal experience am i right? That is how popular discussion grew @:-)
Old Aug 23, 2008, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Hello my friend, cool down. I am not spamming. If you actually read my topic, i am asking for review of places you visited in Singapore.

It is always great to share the places we have visited and post the personal experience am i right? That is how popular discussion grew @:-)
I believe our fellow FTers were talking about the commercial links in your signature. In case you are not familiar with our policy, per FT TOS, you should edit your signature file before our mods step in.

Stick around and acquainted yourself with FT. Find the fun forums (by distinations or airlines, even special interests) to join our vivid discussion.

Welcome to FT!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Hi,

Been to Singapore many times. I usually eat a lot while I'm there. Wild Rocket, No Signboard Seafood, the Thaksin Beef Noodle stall at the Seah Im Food Centre near Harbourfront. Ya Kun! Late night roti prata. Chomp Chomp. Loof! Those are just some of the places that first come to mind.

Yeah, I think I drink and eat a lot when I'm in S'pore...
Old Aug 28, 2008, 1:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by abraxis
Been to Singapore many times. I usually eat a lot while I'm there. Wild Rocket, No Signboard Seafood, the Thaksin Beef Noodle stall at the Seah Im Food Centre near Harbourfront. Ya Kun! Late night roti prata. Chomp Chomp. Loof! Those are just some of the places that first come to mind.

Yeah, I think I drink and eat a lot when I'm in S'pore...
I am debating about booking a room at the Hangout Hotel where Wild Rocket is. What are your impressions of it. Is it an easy walk from the MRT?
Old Sep 6, 2008, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Stockycub1973
I am debating about booking a room at the Hangout Hotel where Wild Rocket is. What are your impressions of it. Is it an easy walk from the MRT?
From Wikitravel:

Hangout @ Mt.Emily, 10A Upper Wilkie Road (7 min uphill from MRT Little India exit A), ☎ +65-64385588, http://www.hangouthotels.com/. No frills, just fun!", proclaims the recently renovated Mt. Emily Hostel. Sparkling clean primary colors and IKEA furniture make the rooms feel more like Oslo than Singapore. Free internet PCs, rooftop bar, laundry facilities, lockers, etc.Dorm $40, doubles $120.

It's not an easy walk if you have bags, but OK otherwise, if a little sweaty at midday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.