FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/858478-singapore.html)

ElvinYeo Aug 23, 2008 6:04 am

Singapore

Hi,

Anyone has been to Singapore and which places in Singapore have you visited?

bseller Aug 23, 2008 6:13 am

Originally Posted by ElvinYeo (Post 10247601)

Singapore is a very popular destination for US based FT'ers at least, and for FT'ers in general.

You should go visit this forum and just look thru the myriad posts that discuss what to do, what not to do, where to go, and how to make the most of one's time in SIN.

Welcome to FT, by the way!!
Dave

JOUY31 Aug 23, 2008 6:23 am

Please continue the discussion in the Singapore forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator.

FlyingOnceMore Aug 23, 2008 8:22 am

Something about the OP's signature tell me he probably lives there already ! ;)

Savage25 Aug 23, 2008 8:24 am

How did the mods miss the spam? :p

ElvinYeo Aug 23, 2008 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Savage25 (Post 10247961)
How did the mods miss the spam? :p

Hello my friend, cool down. I am not spamming. If you actually read my topic, i am asking for review of places you visited in Singapore.

It is always great to share the places we have visited and post the personal experience am i right? That is how popular discussion grew @:-)

lin821 Aug 23, 2008 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by ElvinYeo (Post 10248556)
Hello my friend, cool down. I am not spamming. If you actually read my topic, i am asking for review of places you visited in Singapore.

It is always great to share the places we have visited and post the personal experience am i right? That is how popular discussion grew @:-)

I believe our fellow FTers were talking about the commercial links in your signature. In case you are not familiar with our policy, per FT TOS, you should edit your signature file before our mods step in. ;)

Stick around and acquainted yourself with FT. Find the fun forums (by distinations or airlines, even special interests) to join our vivid discussion.

Welcome to FT!

abraxis Aug 28, 2008 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by ElvinYeo (Post 10247601)
Hi,

Been to Singapore many times. I usually eat a lot while I'm there. Wild Rocket, No Signboard Seafood, the Thaksin Beef Noodle stall at the Seah Im Food Centre near Harbourfront. Ya Kun! Late night roti prata. Chomp Chomp. Loof! Those are just some of the places that first come to mind.

Yeah, I think I drink and eat a lot when I'm in S'pore... :D

Stockycub1973 Aug 28, 2008 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by abraxis (Post 10274607)
Been to Singapore many times. I usually eat a lot while I'm there. Wild Rocket, No Signboard Seafood, the Thaksin Beef Noodle stall at the Seah Im Food Centre near Harbourfront. Ya Kun! Late night roti prata. Chomp Chomp. Loof! Those are just some of the places that first come to mind.

Yeah, I think I drink and eat a lot when I'm in S'pore... :D

I am debating about booking a room at the Hangout Hotel where Wild Rocket is. What are your impressions of it. Is it an easy walk from the MRT?

jpatokal Sep 6, 2008 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Stockycub1973 (Post 10275105)
I am debating about booking a room at the Hangout Hotel where Wild Rocket is. What are your impressions of it. Is it an easy walk from the MRT?

From Wikitravel:

Hangout @ Mt.Emily, 10A Upper Wilkie Road (7 min uphill from MRT Little India exit A), ☎ +65-64385588, http://www.hangouthotels.com/. No frills, just fun!", proclaims the recently renovated Mt. Emily Hostel. Sparkling clean primary colors and IKEA furniture make the rooms feel more like Oslo than Singapore. Free internet PCs, rooftop bar, laundry facilities, lockers, etc.Dorm $40, doubles $120.

It's not an easy walk if you have bags, but OK otherwise, if a little sweaty at midday.