Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Best Singapore Hotels $$80-$$100 USD????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Gold

Im headed off to SIngapore for a one day trip in May. Id like to know what are the best hotels for the money in Singapore in the $80-$100 range???

Obviously, The Shangri-La. the Oriental and Raffles are the absolute best but Ive seen some 5 star hotels listed for $100 (Sheraton Towers) or slightly higher ($105-115).

Once again, Im turning to the great people of FlyerTalk to give me some insight on this .
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I see that you are Hilton Gold VIP.

I know that you said you were interested in hotels in SIN for under $100. But I still would like to make this recommendation:

Often you can get the Conrad for less than US$125, especially on weekends. Since you are a Hilton Gold VIP, you will get a wonderful breakfast buffet included and a small laundry credit.

This is a fantastic hotel. I spent a couple of nights here last year. The service here is excellent and the rooms are very comfortable.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:27 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Best Values are from Hotelclub.net

All prices include taxes, and full breakfast also if you join their club you can save another 4%. So I estimate you should take off another 25% for all these extras to compare with a hotel regular room only rates.

Best Deals

Traditional Local style- Berajaya Duxton US$86

Trendy - Gallery - US$94

5 Star - Copthorne Waterfront - US$118

As a SPG Gold I would suggest you go for

http://www.ehotelsingapore.com/prepa...ton/index.html

Total SGD$188 which including taxes, service charges and ABF works out at around US$90 before taxes and extras.

Last edited by KentownFlorida; Mar 7, 2005 at 10:40 pm
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
Check Raffles. They have specials which are less than $100. Good deals. Check out The Oriental Singapore too. They just refurbished and I hear it's pretty good.

PS - Shouldn't this be in the Singapore Forum?
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KentownFlorida
As a SPG Gold I would suggest you go for

http://www.ehotelsingapore.com/prepa...ton/index.html

Total SGD$188 which including taxes, service charges and ABF works out at around US$90 before taxes and extras.
It does look like a good rate, but being prepaid through a third party I doubt you will get any status recognition or points/stay credit with this rate. I didnt get any recognition even when booked directly with the hotel !

I much prefer the Conrad over the Sheraton Towers.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by globetrekker84
PS - Shouldn't this be in the Singapore Forum?
Yes, actually it should, but I didnt even notice that forum before I wrote this. My apologies. The Conrad does indeed sound good at $125 but I do believe its sold out on May 21. I might try the Hilton instead.

Ill keep checking around and see what I can find. I noticed on the Travel Bidding forum that some people were able to get the Marriott for $55 USD plus taxes on Priceline. good price but no points .

I definitely want to stay in 5 star though.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MCI777
Yes, actually it should, but I didnt even notice that forum before I wrote this. My apologies. The Conrad does indeed sound good at $125 but I do believe its sold out on May 21. I might try the Hilton instead.

Ill keep checking around and see what I can find. I noticed on the Travel Bidding forum that some people were able to get the Marriott for $55 USD plus taxes on Priceline. good price but no points .

I definitely want to stay in 5 star though.
The Hilton is decent but not quite 5 star. I would rank the Sheraton Towers above the Hilton.

If you like Westin style rooms with Heavenly bed and shower (and remote control curtains ), do consider the Premier rooms at Raffles the Plaza (www.rafflestheplazahotel.com ) which was the former Westin Plaza. The hotel adjoins a shopping mall which is right on top of a MRT station (City Hall).
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:26 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
take a look at the Singapore Forum where this topic has other suggestions, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=510

Thank you to my personal Flyertalk assistant francophile for the heads up on misspelling of Singapore.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Mar 13, 2005 at 11:36 am
Old Mar 8, 2005, 12:42 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Anyone stay at Le Meridien? I am going there for my birthday in May - I checked out the website...looks quite decent.

Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:30 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pallensf
Anyone stay at Le Meridien? I am going there for my birthday in May - I checked out the website...looks quite decent.

yes I have, take a look at the Singapore Forum where I wrote it up, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=510

Thank you to my personal Flyertalk assistant francophile for the heads up on misspelling of Singapore.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Mar 13, 2005 at 11:36 am
Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:34 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Change of plans...

Officially now staying @ Fullerton's...SO EXCITED...

Thoughts?

P -
Old Mar 12, 2005, 7:58 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by pallensf
Change of plans...

Officially now staying @ Fullerton's...SO EXCITED...

Thoughts?

P -
My thoughts are : a converted Post Office at a minimum of $150? But if you are excited ...then enjoy. Hope the line is shorter at check-in than my local USPS office.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Send me up the river!

My thoughts are : a converted Post Office at a minimum of $150? But if you are excited ...then enjoy. Hope the line is shorter at check-in than my local USPS office.
I wouldn't mind being "locked up" in this "prison," even at $200 a night.

http://www.fourseasons.com/istanbul/index.html

The "cells" look mighty comfortable and I heard the "mess hall" serves excellent food and toss a great salad. Even Martha would approve....

The "warden" here would ensure that I would enjoy my stay....
Old Mar 12, 2005, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Check out this site: http://www.makantime.com/
Old Mar 13, 2005, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Best Values are from Hotelclub.net
I can not find hotelclub.net

Can you post a valid link?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.