Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

How to get to Changi by transit late at night and where to eat and recharge phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get to Changi by transit late at night and where to eat and recharge phone?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2022, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

For one of my upcoming trips to Singapore, I don't think I'm going to book a hotel due to a very early morning departure. Sadly, MRT doesn't go to Changi late at night. Are there any other transit options now? If so, how?

Since I won't have a boarding pass, I know I can't enter airside. What's there to do at Changi now in the early hours of the day? Where to eat? Anything to do at the Jewel at that time? Where in Changi can I recharge my phone? I don't have a UK-style power adapter so I'll need either USB-A/C or one of those universal power outlets.

TIA!
Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
If you can't go to airside, you are not getting to Jewel.
If you have PriorityPass, you can go to a lounge.
Bumface likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by invisible
If you can't go to airside, you are not getting to Jewel.
If you have PriorityPass, you can go to a lounge.
I think you got confused with landside. I'll be departing from Singapore.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
For one of my upcoming trips to Singapore, I don't think I'm going to book a hotel due to a very early morning departure. Sadly, MRT doesn't go to Changi late at night. Are there any other transit options now? If so, how?

Since I won't have a boarding pass, I know I can't enter airside. What's there to do at Changi now in the early hours of the day? Where to eat? Anything to do at the Jewel at that time? Where in Changi can I recharge my phone? I don't have a UK-style power adapter so I'll need either USB-A/C or one of those universal power outlets.

TIA!
I used Gojek (rideshare app) last month to get to Changi for my early morning departure. Unfortunately there happened to be a surge at the time, but standard prices are very reasonable. It might just take a while to find a driver depending on where you are and what time it is. I ended up at T1 and there were a few cafés that were open. There are also several USB charging stations by the gates that to my recollection should not require you to go through any sort of security.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikomeal
I used Gojek (rideshare app) last month to get to Changi for my early morning departure. Unfortunately there happened to be a surge at the time, but standard prices are very reasonable. It might just take a while to find a driver depending on where you are and what time it is. I ended up at T1 and there were a few cafés that were open. There are also several USB charging stations by the gates that to my recollection should not require you to go through any sort of security.
I would go airside if I could, but the UA counter doesn't open until T-3.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:17 pm

Oh, in that case I recall my friend mentioning that Jewel should have a few restaurants open late, but I must admit I did not have the energy to seek them out. If I did, I probably would've gone for some late-night hotpot: https://www.jewelchangiairport.com/e...n-the-pot.html. Even looking that up just now gave me some cravings

The only other place that seems to be open late is: https://www.jewelchangiairport.com/en/dine/CBTL.html.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikomeal
Oh, in that case I recall my friend mentioning that Jewel should have a few restaurants open late, but I must admit I did not have the energy to seek them out. If I did, I probably would've gone for some late-night hotpot: https://www.jewelchangiairport.com/e...n-the-pot.html. Even looking that up just now gave me some cravings

The only other place that seems to be open late is: https://www.jewelchangiairport.com/en/dine/CBTL.html.
I walked past that coffee store in your link a few hours ago. I'm now back in Singapore. Doesn't look very special, but I suppose it's better than nothing!
mikomeal likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:42 pm

I walked past that coffee store in your link a few hours ago. I'm now back in Singapore. Doesn't look very special, but I suppose it's better than nothing!
Enjoy your time in Singapore! I wish to be able to go back soon, it is such a wonderful city to visit
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Staff Canteen in T1 and Kopiatim in T3 B2 operate(d) 24h. You can spend your time there.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by invisible
Staff Canteen in T1 and Kopiatim in T3 B2 operate(d) 24h. You can spend your time there.
It’s 22:16 in Singapore at the moment. I'm on my way to get some late night Hokkien mee before heading to Changi. Given the lack of responses, I'm assuming I’ll have to take a taxi/Grab to Changi after midnight. It is what it is!
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I may be late to the show, but bus 36 operates until around midnight, if you can get somewhere near its route, it will get you to Changi
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hdogan
I may be late to the show, but bus 36 operates until around midnight, if you can get somewhere near its route, it will get you to Changi
I probably won't make it in time. I'm en route to Chomp Chomp. I'll probably finishing eating a bit after midnight. Then the problem will start.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I probably won't make it in time. I'm en route to Chomp Chomp. I'll probably finishing eating a bit after midnight. Then the problem will start.
Grab/Gojek work all the time Enjoy your dinner!
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hdogan
Grab/Gojek work all the time Enjoy your dinner!
Grab failed me at Sentosa last night! No one wanted to pick me up. I had to walk all the way to the W Singapore from VivoCity!
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:42 am

FYI, united now has mobile boarding pass for SIN

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34703289-post482.html

doesnt help if you need to check bags (still need to wait for checkin co unter to open T-3, no early checkin for United that i know of)
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.