Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singaporean Food (Laksa and Chicken Rice) and late night suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singaporean Food (Laksa and Chicken Rice) and late night suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by aster
Yeah, bit too far for me though. Maxwell is a lot closer but I'm not sure how accurate Google Maps' 2AM closing time really is...
My experience in 2022 and early 2023 is that most stalls are closed by midnight at these so called late-night hawker centers. The hours of operation posted online often isn't accurate. I get the sense that once the food is sold out or if business is slow they'll close.

Last edited by lsquare; Mar 30, 2023 at 3:53 am
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:45 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Many thanks, I plan on going to a food court on my first night but it looks like I will only make it around 10pm, hence my apprehension about not bouncing around places that I know and seeing them all shutting down. Going to be interesting but if all else fails there's always a prata place that is open well into the night...
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aster
Many thanks, I plan on going to a food court on my first night but it looks like I will only make it around 10pm, hence my apprehension about not bouncing around places that I know and seeing them all shutting down. Going to be interesting but if all else fails there's always a prata place that is open well into the night...
I think we're still in the COVID recovery phase. You can try the Fengshan Hawker Center as they close late, but most of their stalls are closed by 10 PM and probably 90% by 11 PM. There are a few that will close by midnight.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I think we're still in the COVID recovery phase. You can try the Fengshan Hawker Center as they close late, but most of their stalls are closed by 10 PM and probably 90% by 11 PM. There are a few that will close by midnight.
Not nearby, but how is Chomp Chomp? It's a convenient place to meet for myself and a few people.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
Not nearby, but how is Chomp Chomp? It's a convenient place to meet for myself and a few people.
It was alright and a similar situation. I think the closing time is midnight but if you get there by 11 PM, things start to die down. It's not that convenient to get to since there's no MRT nearby.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
It was alright and a similar situation. I think the closing time is midnight but if you get there by 11 PM, things start to die down. It's not that convenient to get to since there's no MRT nearby.
Thanks. Aiming to visit in the latter half of the year (if possible) and that's likely where we'd be meeting (most convenient for the others, not so much me, but that's ok).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.