Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore on lock down and no transits (From 23 March 2020, 2359)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore on lock down and no transits (From 23 March 2020, 2359)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
What are the chances that Singapore goes into full lockdown what with the rise of imported cases?
My view: Low for imported cases regardless of number for the reasons [@Wong Jnr] pointed out, but higher for the locally transmitted untraceable ones. Yesterday we had 13 unlinked cases (and 6 the day before that). If this number keeps rising even with the latest almost-lockdown-but-not-quite measures, eventually we'll be forced into even more strict controls. Something along Malaysia's lines, perhaps?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: BA, SQ
Government need to have a real push to get everyone to use the TraceTogether app. Perhaps send out an Txt to everyone or alert via SGSecure.
This way contact tracing can become easier and quicker therefore people can be isolated faster.
Combination of this and the latest measures can hopefully make a difference....
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Wong Jnr
Government need to have a real push to get everyone to use the TraceTogether app. Perhaps send out an Txt to everyone or alert via SGSecure.
This way contact tracing can become easier and quicker therefore people can be isolated faster.
Combination of this and the latest measures can hopefully make a difference....
On developer telegram chat TT team says that initial signups were way higher than they expected and it caused backend scalability problems addressing now.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 2:04 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I can attest to that. Took me several hours to sign up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.