Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mustafa Center

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RustyC
For a few years my preferred hotel in Singapore was the Tai Hoe, which is a block or so from Mustafa. They had the moneychanging operation and all kinds of stuff, some placed haphazardly. I would often find something of interest, like a travel alarm or an umbrella I liked. Stuff like that.
Good to see mention of Tai Hoe here on FT. Have stayed there as well some years back. Was way cheaper than even the entry level options from any of the larger chains. And good location as well.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
It's a real experience. We discovered it last trip, bought a few things and once back on board the SQ FA's fussed over my wife who was carrying the Mustafa bag talking about how good the shopping is.

We have a 12 hour stopover in SIN next month and will spend some of that time in Mustafa Centre.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by paperwastage
There's also a donki nearby which sells a wide variety of Japanese food/supplies.

(the regular donki near Mustafa isn't 24/7 and doesn't sell household/jewelry etc - mega donki in Japan does and would be mustafa's equivalent of organised chaos. Regular donki in orchard is 24/7 but sells the same thing as regular donki near mustafa)
Don Don Donki is great for stuff like Japanese snacks, Craft Beer and other drinks. But the jingle blasting over the PA does drive you insane.

I was dragged to Mustafa by some friends on a packed Sunday - I thought it was retail hell on earth, and vowed never to go back!
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
I was dragged to Mustafa by some friends on a packed Sunday - I thought it was retail hell on earth, and vowed never to go back!
There are many who feels Mustafa is retail heaven on earth.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: BA, SQ
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
I was dragged to Mustafa by some friends on a packed Sunday
Total rookie mistake. Sundays are the maids, helpers and construction workers day off. Everywhere free or cheap is packed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.