Wiki Posts
Search

First trip to Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
First trip to Singapore

Going to be flying into SIN for the first time for just over a day. I have a some questions and hope the experts can provide the answers I'm looking for.

SFO-SIN UA1 arriving 11/12 @ 8AM
SIN-SFO UA2 11/13 10:00AM
*A Gold/Priority Pass

I'd like to take a shower upon arrival and stash my carryon before heading out of the airport to explore. What lounge would work best for me? Will I be able to store the luggage in the lounge?

I plan on heading back to the airport after I finish exploring/eating/etc around the city. Will I be able to get post security after midnight? I'll probably catch a nap once I finished checking out the airport, in a lounge somewhere, followed by a shower in the morning before my flight. Suggestions on which lounge again? Also, I'm not averse to lounge hopping too.

Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:10 pm

when you land - you have access to everything airside, including the airside lounges.
there is also a lounge on the public side in T3.

prioritypass.com does not list any restrictions about using any of those lounges as arrival lounges, YMMV.
https://mainlymiles.com/2018/02/25/r...-singapore-t3/

don't plan on leaving your carryon in the lounge. there is a 24hr left baggage service, not that pricey
Airport Attractions - Singapore Changi Airport

for the departure flight:
Changi early morning flight can I get airside the night before?
from this, looks like UA does not hand out mobile boarding passes or do early checkin
- you can only check in in-person to get boarding pass 3 hours before flight

someone suggests to check with transit hotel, whether a simple reservation with transit hotel gets you past security

(skip the KrisFlyer Gold lounge, no showers)
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Seems OP did not do any research and wants to get answers day before departure.

In short - he can't get in to any lounges airside or landside because he needs to have boarding pass for the departure (not arrival) flight which he won't have.

UA does not issue boarding passes from SIN departure online or via mobile app. You have to go to the counter to get your BP. Counter opens only 3h before departure. You can't get BP at transit desk either.

So OP has to go landside and come back 3h before departure. What to do that time - there are number of threads in this forum.

Good luck.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by invisible
Seems OP did not do any research and wants to get answers day before departure.

In short - he can't get in to any lounges airside or landside because he needs to have boarding pass for the departure (not arrival) flight which he won't have.

UA does not issue boarding passes from SIN departure online or via mobile app. You have to go to the counter to get your BP. Counter opens only 3h before departure. You can't get BP at transit desk either.

So OP has to go landside and come back 3h before departure. What to do that time - there are number of threads in this forum.

Good luck.
Thanks for saying this

my only feedback, is stay at Changi, plenty to do there
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Thanks for saying this

my only feedback, is stay at Changi, plenty to do there
Wrong - Changi is nice for an airport, but it's still an airport. The OP has 26 hrs in SIN, just plain crazy to hang around at the airport.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:57 am
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
I agree Singapore was alright to me and you can get a WHOLE lot done in 24 hours. 8am arrival I would go to Sentosa Island right after arrival. Plenty to see and walk around there. Next I would have lunch at Tian Tian Chicken Rice and there's a craft brewery right in this same food court called, 3rd Culture Brewing company. Then head over to the Gardens by the Bay. Go to the Cloud Forest while it's still sunny once night time hits the Supertree grove and everything else comes to life in that area. You can see marina bay sands all that fully lite up. There is also an awesome water show at the Marina bay Waterfront Promenade. Then go to Jumbo Seafood for dinner and have the Spicy Crab, so good. Walk around the Clark Quay area for nightlife then head to the airport. Sounds like a great day to me.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Sentosa, Tian Tian Chicken Rice, Jumbo Seafood, Clark Quay.
To me it would be places to avoid. But I am local, not a tourist.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:23 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Sometimes you have to do touristy things my friend. On repeat visits I would not.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Wrong - Changi is nice for an airport, but it's still an airport. The OP has 26 hrs in SIN, just plain crazy to hang around at the airport.
The point invisible was making was that the OP didn't do their research. I concurred and that if they can't simple search for something, then my recommendation is to stay in the airport. Singapore is not Kathmandu, there are plenty of easy sites to find information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.