SIN 2 nights

Old Oct 21, 18, 11:20 am
Original Poster

SIN 2 nights

Land 1:00 AM, Friday, all day Friday, then leave Saturday at 10:00 AM. Two nights and a bit more than 33 hours in SIN. Plan on exploring SIN and seeing the tourist sites all day Friday.

Stay at the Crowne Plaza airport or tough it out, take a cab when I land to the JW Marriott? Both around the same price.
Old Oct 21, 18, 8:54 pm

Depends where you are coming from/going to?

Crown plaza is easy to get to if landing in t3

T4? Just go downtown, don't waste 10+ min on shuttle to t2 (and then 5 min walk from t2)

https://changiairport.crowneplaza.com/getting-here

Last edited by paperwastage; Oct 21, 18 at 9:05 pm
Old Oct 23, 18, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by pony_trekker View Post
Land 1:00 AM, Friday, all day Friday, then leave Saturday at 10:00 AM. Two nights and a bit more than 33 hours in SIN. Plan on exploring SIN and seeing the tourist sites all day Friday.

Stay at the Crowne Plaza airport or tough it out, take a cab when I land to the JW Marriott? Both around the same price.
I would suggest you to do JW Marriott. Reason being, its near Marina Bay area. which you can do a few attraction there. Namely, MBS, Garden by the bay, esplanade etc. Therefore, you can easily go back for a rest if needed.
As to some attraction, you can try, MBS, Garden by the bay, esplanade, Boat Quay, Clark Quay, Orchard road, Dempsey Hill, Chinatown, Little India, Zoo etc. it really depends on your interests and time.

Have a nice trip
pony_trekker likes this.
Old Oct 24, 18, 1:02 am

Programs: Jet Privilege - Silver, IHG - Spire, HH - Diamond & a wallet full of other cards
If your agenda is to explore the city and take in the sights, i'd say do the JW Marriott.

Crowne Plaza Changi airport makes sense if you get in round bout the night & have an early start the next morning and if your looking at taking it easy hotel side and not really venturing out.
pony_trekker likes this.
Old Oct 26, 18, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Wish I’d have posted this sooner

As by the time I looked at this sage advice, it was too late to change my reservation at the Crowne Plaza, where I am for another night. I’m midway through walking around Singapore and absolutely gassed from the heat. The past 3 days that I walked 40 miles around Tokyo didn’t help.

The Crowne Plaza is adequate— just that — but having a place local to shower, change my sweaty clothes and of course, charge my phone, would’ve been nice.

Old Oct 26, 18, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Someone here was talking about this but now can't find it: Does anyone know how long a complete trip around the Hippo red and yellow lines takes (each), if one stays on the bus the whole time? I'd like to at least ride around both routes on the same day, and I'm trying to figure out how much extra time I'll have if I want to hop off a few times along the way.

Also, Singapore Flyer: Afternoon or after dark? When are the lines the worst?

Thanks very much.
Old Oct 26, 18, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Someone here was talking about this but now can't find it: Does anyone know how long a complete trip around the Hippo red and yellow lines takes (each), if one stays on the bus the whole time? I'd like to at least ride around both routes on the same day, and I'm trying to figure out how much extra time I'll have if I want to hop off a few times along the way.

Thanks very much.
A RT on the lines (without getting off) is about an hour.

Unsure about the Flyer but I would guess it would be similar to other attractions around the world.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Oct 27, 18, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much.
Not sure but the downtown line from Chinatown to Changi took forrrrreeeeever.
There was no line yesterday during the day. I did that and the gardens by the bay during the day. Scenic but probably more so (and not throbbingly hot) at night. It is weather-dependent though. Yesterday was fine but it was closed day before due to weather.
Old Oct 27, 18, 10:06 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Well, it is 55 min and 18 stops. If you take taxi it will be just 20 min faster and it is rash hour it could take the same amount of time.
Old Oct 27, 18, 10:53 pm

Thanks for the reply. You can get on the Hippo bus right at Changi?
Old Oct 28, 18, 11:34 am

Thanks for the reply. You can get on the Hippo bus right at Changi?
I dont believe that possible. below is the place to check in and how to get there.

Check-in Location
  • DUCK & HiPPO Tourist Hub, Suntec City Convention Centre #01-330
  • How to get there
    • Taxi Drop-off Point: Suntec City Convention Centre Taxi Stand C25, outside H&M
    • Nearest MRT Station: Esplanade MRT (CC) Exit A
    • Public Bus Stop 02151: 36, 70M, 111, 133, 133A, 162M, 97, 106, 700A, 857, 502, 518
    • Complimentary 1 way transfer - Present your e-Receipt to our bus captains when you board our TOPless HiPPObus to enjoy a transfer from 63 city bus stops to DUCK & HiPPO Tourist Hub.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Oct 28, 18, 11:43 am

Thanks; I didn't think so, either. I was planning to get on near the Grand Hyatt, until I saw the mention of Changi.
Old Nov 19, 18, 8:00 pm

There was no line yesterday during the day. I did that and the gardens by the bay during the day. Scenic but probably more so (and not throbbingly hot) at night. It is weather-dependent though. Yesterday was fine but it was closed day before due to weather.
downtown line is usually pretty reliable but from Chinatown to Changi is quite a distance so just under an hour doesn't surprise me

Search this Thread