Wiki Posts
Search

What to do in Singapore in transit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

What to do in Singapore in transit

Hi members,

I have a 17 hour layover (i.e. 0015 to1710 ) in Singapore (MEL-DEL via SIN). I plan to stay in transit hotel in the night and may be go to city at around 0700 and return at 1500 hours . What can i see in this duration and as i will already be having boarding pass for my onward flight, would i directly go to immigration when i am back from city or will i have to get boarding pass again from check in counter.

Also, i will be availing VFTF facility at Singapore. If someone has the experience of the same can you please share the experience with me
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:14 pm

Well.. 17 hours is a lot of time... there are so many things to do in Singapore. You can take a taxi to the city & visit the below places::
1. Merlion Park
2. Singapore Flyer
3. Gardens by the Bay
4. Clarke Quay (Restaurants)
5. Orchard road (Shopping Malls)
6. Chinatown
7. Bugis street (Shopping)
seavisionburma likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jakebarrell
Well.. 17 hours is a lot of time... there are so many things to do in Singapore. You can take a taxi to the city & visit the below places::
1. Merlion Park
2. Singapore Flyer
3. Gardens by the Bay
4. Clarke Quay (Restaurants)
5. Orchard road (Shopping Malls)
6. Chinatown
7. Bugis street (Shopping)
Which one of these will be open in night
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by ssood143
Which one of these will be open in night
Clarke Quay & Boat Quay will be open at night. Im not sure what time Chinatown will be open till, you will have to find out.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by jakebarrell
2. Singapore Flyer
Suspended operations in January - I don't think there's a date for it to re-open yet.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Recentish similar thread that could be useful for idea-mining: Little More than 24 Hours in Singapore
seavisionburma likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: Thai ROP GOLD, SIA Silver Kris, QANTAS FF, Velocity Rewards, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by ssood143
Hi members,
. What can i see in this duration and as i will already be having boarding pass for my onward flight, would i directly go to immigration when i am back from city or will i have to get boarding pass again from check in counter.

Also, i will be availing VFTF facility at Singapore. If someone has the experience of the same can you please share the experience with me
Here is the official link for the VFTF - https://www.ica.gov.sg/enteranddepar...ng_before_vftf
You can go straight to immigration when you get back to the airport if you already have the boarding pass for the next flight
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:51 pm

Singapore Flyer is back in operation

Singapore Flyer to resume operations on Sunday, more than 2 months after suspension, Singapore News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.