Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

How early before flight can you get boarding pass from transfer desk at SIN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I am wondering how early before a flight one can get a boarding pass from a transfer desk in SIN, in case it was not given when one checked-in at the origin airport. I am talking about a transfer between two full-service carriers with the flights being on the same ticket.
I just have a very long connection in SIN (overnight connection, about 16 hours) between arriving from ZRH (which itself is a connection as my origin is TLV) and continuing to DRW (Darwin, Australia) and am wondering if I could go get the next boarding pass right when I land in SIN, in case I do not get it at the origin airport.
My worry is that if I hang out overnight at the airport without a boarding pass then if security asks me what I am doing there I don't have a boarding pass and thus may not be allowed to remain in the airside area (which I want to remain in).

P.S. my flight that is arriving at SIN is with SWISS and my onward flight to DRW is with SilkAir.

Thank you very much for reading
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by oliver19312
Hello,

My worry is that if I hang out overnight at the airport without a boarding pass then if security asks me what I am doing there I don't have a boarding pass and thus may not be allowed to remain in the airside area (which I want to remain in).
Your fear of security removing you from the transit area is irrational. Unless you are doing something stupid or illegal, no one is going to bother you.
Also, 16 hours in the transit zone is - frankly - insane., Go see some of Singapore!!!!
If you don't receive a BP on check-in with LX, then on arrival at Changi go to one of the transfer desks.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
This is most likely not an issue. MI allows early check in up to 48 hours in advance. There will always be someone at the transit desk in T2 (MI's terminal) because MI is a SQ group company - can't imagine the transit desk for SQ ever being unmanned. Worse case (assumes you can enter Singapore without a visa) you enter Singapore legally, go to check in and use the Self-checkin machines to get the boarding pass. Or check in online before leaving home. I think you're well covered regardless of what LX does/doesn't do.

Changi Airport |SilkAir
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
>> I am wondering how early before a flight one can get a boarding pass from a transfer desk in SIN

As soon as check-in is officially open for your flight. For SQ, I got boarding pass exactly 48 hours before flight departure. Other airlines have shorter time frames. Refer to airport official site "Early Check-in" page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.