Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Airline or FA - Thank You / Appreciation / Recognition Sample Letters

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2009, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I recently flew SQ F and had a superb experience throughout the flight on one specific segment. The service for truly flawless.

I like to send a letter to SIA (already have their email address) however am looking for any sample letters that will help me format my feedback.

I will very much appreciate if one of you fellow seasoned FTs are able to provide any links to sample letters to airline customer service recognizing FAs that I can read and that will help me craft a nice letter. Thanks in advance!

cheers.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 5:13 am

I'm not an expert at this but consider an outline like:

RE: Exceptional First Class Service SQxxx [airport] to [airport] on [Date]
==============
I write to commend your staff on an exceptional level of service when I traveled with your airline on the above date.

The service we had was a superb experience throughout the flight on one specific segment. The service was truly flawless.

In particular, the following cabin crew provided exceptional service.

[Insert name] was [insert details of service]
Also [Insert name] was [insert details of service]

I trust that you will pass on this recognition to the specific staff members from this flight. They are a true reflection of the high levels of standard that we have come to expect of Singapore Airlines.
========================

Others are welcome to provide enhancements.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Albatross710, this is great and will use it as a starting point. I still need some guidance on expanding some key areas that talks to greeting me by last name upon boarding, ensuring my glass of Krug always remained topped, service for my special meals was well orchestrated, making the bed, keeping on top of me on how I was doing, serving snacks/plate of fruit inbetween meals, etc. I should hear back soon from MathewLAX, he is probably flying somewhere on first and getting himself tucked into bed on his F seat!

Cheers.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:15 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Why don't you just write your experience? I'm not sure why a form letter/template would be better than writing what you really think. It's not like a college application essay....
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:10 am
Original Poster

easy there fimo, actually I am looking to write the letter as an essay
Old Aug 6, 2009, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by 1K+
easy there fimo, actually I am looking to write the letter as an essay
Yeah but a college application essay is meant to help get you into college. Concerns on format and such are a little more understandable.

Seriously, why not just reference the various trip reports in FT?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:46 am
Original Poster

That's a good point, I could use the TRs as guidance on formulating the letter.

I though disagree on your essay feedback which you are refering to specifically for college entry. Essays are written for various reasons outside of uni/col entry.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:21 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
In my experience feedback letters that are long tend to get much less attention than ones that are short and to the point. They should be in your own words, too. It is often obvious if a form approach has been taken.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your feedback Kiwi Flyer and Moomba (by pm), I will follow your guidance which makes sense.

cheers.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by 1K+
I though disagree on your essay feedback which you are refering to specifically for college entry. Essays are written for various reasons outside of uni/col entry.
Of course essay formats are used OUTSIDE of the college context, but it would be rather ineffective in this situation.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I like to use my own initiative when I write a Thank You letter. Last month I hand-wrote a letter on parched paper and sent it to SIA Customer Affairs in Singapore, praising the cabin crew on my last flight, and included with it three personal Thank You cards, sealed in separate 100% cotton envelopes. My personal thank you cards were then passed on to each crew member with an acknowledgement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.