Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Why is C class on SQ223 blocked for *A partner redemptions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB

Not one single business class award seat is showing as available on ANA for the whole year on flight SQ223 to Perth. On the other hand, there are saver seats available for KF members.

I am assuming that the 0930 departure is popular for connections arriving from North Asia and Europe, but at the same time, the same could be said about returning SQ226 which departs Perth at 1530 and allows onwards connections for the late night flights from Singapore to Europe.

I have noticed that the same applies to the SQ870 to Hong Kong, as well as flight SQ865 on the inbound. Not one premium seat available for the whole year and those flights are both operated with regional 772s.

Is there a reason for this strict inventory control, or even better, are they likely to release seats to Star partners?

Last edited by Boddingtons; Nov 25, 2009 at 1:47 pm Reason: incorrect flight number
Old Nov 24, 2009, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
SQ is blocking all C/F *A redemption on long haul flights. Some have said LH and DL can still get a seat but everyone else is out of luck
Old Nov 24, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: LH M&M; BD DC; KL FB
Originally Posted by ryan182
SQ is blocking all C/F *A redemption on long haul flights. Some have said LH and DL can still get a seat but everyone else is out of luck
According to http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...ightNumber=223 and the SIA, SQ223 is operated by an A330-300 just as BNE-SIN for which I just got two C-Seats via US DM. Those were also visible through the ANA-Tool.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DA40
According to http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...ightNumber=223 and the SIA, SQ223 is operated by an A330-300 just as BNE-SIN for which I just got two C-Seats via US DM. Those were also visible through the ANA-Tool.
There is plenty of availability for BNE, ADL and PER on 333 aircraft so the aircraft isn't the problem.

My point is, why is SQ223 specifically blocked out given that the aircraft used is no different to any of the others on that route!?!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 6:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Perhaps you are encountering married segment or POS restrictions?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Perhaps you are encountering married segment or POS restrictions?
Nope, looking point to point on ANA.

I defy anyone to find a seat showing available on ANA for SQ223, SQ865 or SQ870.

Suppose the same applies to SQ25/26 SQ11/12 which I can perhaps understand, but not for the flight numbers above.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 3:48 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
But that is my point about married segments - redemptions for O&D (origin and destination) may be blocked and reserved for through passengers.

As for POS (point of sale) restrictions I don't think ANA tool provides options to test that theory out.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Boddingtons
Nope, looking point to point on ANA.

I defy anyone to find a seat showing available on ANA for SQ223, SQ865 or SQ870.

Suppose the same applies to SQ25/26 SQ11/12 which I can perhaps understand, but not for the flight numbers above.

I did manage to get a seat on SQ870 in Feb 2010
Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by jjjohn
I did manage to get a seat on SQ870 in Feb 2010
I find it hard, almost impossible as a StarG to find available award seats on SQ. My dream is a First class seat on the 380 from LHR to SIN.
I wonder how many seats they set available during one year? One??

Anybody with experience on that matter?

BFN
Old Nov 27, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by BizflyerNorway
I find it hard, almost impossible as a StarG to find available award seats on SQ. My dream is a First class seat on the 380 from LHR to SIN.
I wonder how many seats they set available during one year? One??

Anybody with experience on that matter?

BFN
Zero. Even SQ's most frequent customers can't redeem for the A380 suites.

"On the A380, only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption in Business Class.
No redemption is available for the Singapore Airlines Suites."

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...v=-1354074313&
Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BizflyerNorway
........My dream is a First class seat on the 380 from LHR to SIN.
I wonder how many seats they set available during one year? One??........
A380 only has Suite class, no First class.

SQ doesn't allow redemption for Suite class at all. It is zero except if you book First class and the aircraft switches to A380 later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.