Wiki Posts
Search

F class lounge in SIN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

F class lounge in SIN

I did some research but couldn't find any answers to my question:

Is the F class lounge in SIN good for sleeping? I have a 4 hour layover arriving at 5am departing after 9 and want to use it to have a quick nap. Is there a rest area like they had in the J class lounge? Is it any more comfortable?

My other option is to get in the night before, sleep at an airport hotel and take the flight the next morning. As the route is BNE/SYD - SIN - LAX (Via Tokyo) so quite a long day....

(also does the lounge have a la carte menu service as per Virgin's clubouse style? what else is there to do?)

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 8, 2009, 3:44 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Both the T3 and T2 F lounges have sleeping areas. I hear the T2 one is better but i dont know from experience. The T3 F lounge has a noodle/pasta chef station cooking to order.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:32 pm

There are about 5 sleeping rooms to the left, as you walk down the entrance corridor to the T2 F lounge. They each have a blanket, pillow, and recliner, which is only adjustable to a limited degree, and if you don't normally sleep on your back, you won't find them especially comfortable.

The rooms also have glass doors, so the hallway lights always shine in, and the sleeping room therefore isn't very dark.

For four hours, they're OK. Anything longer, and I go to the hotel.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH Senator, TG Gold, AA Platinum
Slumberettes in F lounge

I find the slumberette rooms in the F class lounge very uncomfortable. OK for maybe an hour. I would book a room at the transit hotel. (SGD68.27 for 1 block of time-8 hours I think) It is much easier (and less expensive) than using the airport hotel or going into town. As Bitterroot mentioned the lights shine in the glass door. Also, there is an annoying deodorizer going off every couple of minutes.

Last edited by yvrguy; Feb 8, 2009 at 8:59 pm
Old Feb 11, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by Ansett767

(also does the lounge have a la carte menu service as per Virgin's clubouse style? what else is there to do?)
The lounge doesn't have a la carte menu service, but there is a chef behind the bar that will prepare something for you (when I was there it was chicken rice; I hear it is omelettes in the morning). The private room (you get access if you are on paid F) does have a la carte menu service.

Last edited by c1mth0g; Feb 11, 2009 at 5:06 pm
Old Feb 11, 2009, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by yvrguy
I find the slumberette rooms in the F class lounge very uncomfortable. OK for maybe an hour. I would book a room at the transit hotel. (SGD68.27 for 1 block of time-8 hours I think) It is much easier (and less expensive) than using the airport hotel or going into town. As Bitterroot mentioned the lights shine in the glass door. Also, there is an annoying deodorizer going off every couple of minutes.
The slumberettes are much better if you take the pad off the recliner and place it flat on the floor.

Eyeshades and earplugs are a must. Four hours of good sleep are definitely possible.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH Senator, TG Gold, AA Platinum
[QUOTE=macabus;11243079]The slumberettes are much better if you take the pad off the recliner and place it flat on the floor.

This is true..but hardly First Class. I would still use the transit hotel with a proper bed and private facilities.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by dazz81
Both the T3 and T2 F lounges have sleeping areas.
There arent any sleeping rooms in the T3 KF F lounge or TPR (for paid F pax)......only KF T2 F lounge has them.

cheers
Old Feb 15, 2009, 2:40 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
You can ask to have the deodorizer turned off - they'll call an engineer! - who will remove the battery

T3 has an area in the business lounge that people use for sleeping (they'll supply blankets and pillows), but it won't be very quiet at 5am-9am.

btw- I think the blocks of time at the ap hotels are 4 hours not 8.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by estnet
T3 has an area in the business lounge that people use for sleeping (they'll supply blankets and pillows), but it won't be very quiet at 5am-9am.

Never been to the T3 business class lounge.......good to know for next time.

cheers
Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by estnet
btw- I think the blocks of time at the ap hotels are 4 hours not 8.
It's 6 hours at the transit hotels.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by macabus
It's 6 hours at the transit hotels.
And you can buy additional hours if you want.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by 1K+
There arent any sleeping rooms in the T3 KF F lounge or TPR (for paid F pax)......only KF T2 F lounge has them.

cheers
When I was in the TPR , they moved some couches around and made a quasi sleeping couch , and brought out blankets.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by rolov
When I was in the TPR , they moved some couches around and made a quasi sleeping couch , and brought out blankets.
Thanks for confiming, I'll keep this in mind the next time I'm in T3.

Cheers
Old Feb 17, 2009, 7:12 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by 1K+

cheers
True! I was there recently (approx 4 hrs early for my flight, very early in the morning) and actually crossed over to T2 to try the slumberette rooms because there were no sleeper rooms in T3 F lounge. I agree with others here - the recliner chairs are not that comfortable and the light from the hallway and the deodorizer is disturbing.

After travelling over to T2 (my flt departed T3) and trying to sleep for approx 1 hr, I gave up and went back to T3 for the newer ,larger shower rooms with huge shower heads and additional smaller shower fountains midway down the shower pipe - truly excellent.

Had a great sleep on the plane instead! Nice bottom sheet and duvet bedding ^.

I saw the cook to order sections in both lounges, and at the time they were making omelettes and what looked like a pancake (in T3).

Last edited by Downunder girl; Feb 17, 2009 at 7:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.