Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2006, 8:22 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Changes to awards from 1 March 2007

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...me_changes.jsp

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...me_changes.jsp

From SIA Newsletter:

Important changes to the KrisFlyer Programme from 1 February 2007 Members
There will be a number of changes introduced to the KrisFlyer Programme effective 1 February 2007. The changes are outlined here.

A. Reduction of zones in the KrisFlyer Award Charts for flights on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir.
To simplify the award charts, the number of zones will be reduced from the current 23 to 14.
Please click to view the:
New Flight Awards Chart
New Upgrade Awards Chart

B. Changes to redemption levels
The redemption levels for some of the routes have also been changed.

Destination (between Singapore & Destination listed below)
Current Redemption Level*
New Redemption Level* with effect from 1 February 2007

South Africa

Adelaide

Egypt

Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Turkey & UAE)

Japan & Korea

Australia (Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane) & New Zealand

* Based on a round-trip Economy Saver redemption award
Redemption levels for other award types will be revised accordingly.

C. Unrestricted awards will be twice that of saver awards
An unrestricted award provides a greater selection of seats on all flights, extended ticket validity and two free stopovers per round-trip, giving you extra flexibility.
Currently, unrestricted awards vary between 1.25 to 2 times that of Saver awards.
From next year, the number of miles required for unrestricted awards in all cabin classes will be 2 times that of the miles required for Saver awards.

D. Companion awards
Companion Awards will no longer be available. Members can continue to redeem their miles for both Saver and unrestricted awards as well as for flight upgrades.

E. Booking classes eligible for upgrade awards (Economy to Business Class upgrade)
Economy class tickets purchased in S, Y, B, M or E booking classes will continue to be eligible for upgrade awards.

F. Introduction of Unrestricted Upgrade Awards
Currently, upgrade awards are only available as Saver awards e.g. an Economy Class commercial ticket can be used to upgrade to Business Class using Saver awards
However Unrestricted upgrade awards will be available from 1 February 2007. The number of miles required for these awards will be twice that of a Saver upgrade award e.g. an Economy Class commercial ticket can be upgraded to Business Class using an Unrestricted upgrade award.

G. Redemption awards on the new B777-300 ER services
Members can continue to redeem award tickets in Economy Class (for both Saver and Unrestricted awards) on the B777-300 ER aircraft. Only Unrestricted awards will be available for redemption in First and Business Class.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:05 pm

Programs: Enrich Silver, Krisflyer
Geez, thanks for cutting me off from ur program, SQ!

I have about 50K to burn and I have a return leg to KUL from LHR in Feb 16 (this was a booking back in August). Do you think that I could still use the old rates?

I will stop acruing KF miles and start burning off all miles and be done with SQ!
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:11 pm
jhm

Quik!, as per the post from kpc above, you're fine provided you book your upgrade before the end of January (even if travel is after the end of January). Go for it!
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:16 pm

Programs: Enrich Silver, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by jhm
Quik!, as per the post from kpc above, you're fine provided you book your upgrade before the end of January (even if travel is after the end of January). Go for it!
Excellent, do you reckon if I book the upgrade before end of Jan, and then later change my flight date, will they accept such?
Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:33 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Originally Posted by Quik!
Excellent, do you reckon if I book the upgrade before end of Jan, and then later change my flight date, will they accept such?
Well, if you have not ticketed it yet, you can change the date FOC, provided they have award inventory available. If, it has been ticketed, you may have to cancel your upgrade, and rebook, again, subject to availability.

So its not as simple, considering the high demand for Europe flights of late.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Under these new rules, a one-way C->F upgrade on 77W services between SIN and SFO/LAX requires a ghastly 100,000 miles.

Buh-bye, Krisflyer!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 8:06 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
There is a report of a KF member complaining that he cannot get F class award ticket on SQ, and reports of the changes to KF Programme. For your reading pleasure.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 8:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by hclee01
There is a report of a KF member complaining that he cannot get F class award ticket on SQ, and reports of the changes to KF Programme. For your reading pleasure.
I don't see that. I see a reference to complaint unable to get discounted paid first (A booking class), but nothing unusual in lack of discounted availability in premium cabins on SQ if looking for a specific flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.