Old Sep 29, 06, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
2007 changes to KrisFlyer

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...es/news_10.jsp
Old Sep 29, 06, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
ouch - some nasty "enhancements" ! I hope other FF programs do not take this as an example !
Old Sep 29, 06, 10:13 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
I see this coming. Probably a year later, you will need more miles to fly long-haul on award. Not only is there time-value of money, there is time-value for miles too...

Anybody did an analysis of what is the present/future value of mileage?
Old Sep 29, 06, 10:47 am

poo poo poo.

I was just projecting my earnings on credit card laundered points to krisflyer and realised I would be on target to get to a free flight to SYD by about Jan/Feb 2007-- just in time to start trying to grab the dec christmas seats...

and now... i am set back another 2 months or so... which knowing how seats about dec get snapped up, means availability will be all gone by then....
Old Sep 29, 06, 11:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AA EXP; AS 75K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold
E. Redemption awards on the new A380 and B777-300 ER services
Members can continue to redeem award tickets in Economy Class (for both Saver and Unrestricted awards) on the A380 and B777-300 ER aircraft. For premium cabins, only unrestricted awards will be available for redemption.

I presume they will have the same restriction on aother *A awards, but I hope it is only for a few months... though I am probably wrong in my hopes...
Old Sep 29, 06, 1:43 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Originally Posted by Rambuster
ouch - some nasty "enhancements"!
An undestatement

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I hope other FF programs do not take this as an example!
I expect that any carriers installing updated premium products on new aircraft (i.e. LH F on A380) will introduce similar restrictions
Old Sep 29, 06, 2:02 pm

Programs: Lots
...and my prediction is that many * partners won't be allowing awards on the A380, either.
Old Sep 29, 06, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Axey
...and my prediction is that many * partners won't be allowing awards on the A380, either.
Why? Will these planes be running on routes that wouldn't have much C/F award availability anyway? What makes the A380 premium cabins so special?
Old Sep 29, 06, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SFOtoORD
Why? Will these planes be running on routes that wouldn't have much C/F award availability anyway? What makes the A380 premium cabins so special?
Yea - I would think it would be for the A340 non-stops to the U.S. Weird.
Old Sep 29, 06, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.
The cabins are going to be extra-nice, probably.
Old Sep 29, 06, 7:12 pm

Wow, take no prisoners .......anyway I didn't think anyone credited to KF with all the double dipping etc.
Old Sep 29, 06, 7:25 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold

Not very happy...
The one that affects me directly is the 50000 -> 55000 increase for an economy saver return between Syd and Sin....but I was saving my points for an upgrade from J -> F on the 380 I can't download the pdf file on how many points this would now cost me. IIRC, it is currently 40000 points one way bet Syd and Sin to go from J -> F. Anyone can tell me how much it will be in the new year?

The worse enhancement I can see at the moment would be the increase from 40000 -> 55000 return for an economy saver between Adl and Sin Will have to go and tell my parents the "good" news
Old Sep 29, 06, 7:37 pm

Programs: TK E+, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
anyway I didn't think anyone credited to KF with all the double dipping etc.
I haven't credited flight miles to Krisflyerfor a couple of years now...but I have a tidy balance from when I put my credit card miles to Krisflyer when I was "Living in SIN™". Time to burn them, methinks...I was so looking forward to flying the new premium cabins
Old Sep 29, 06, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
I haven't credited flight miles to Krisflyerfor a couple of years now...but I have a tidy balance from when I put my credit card miles to Krisflyer when I was "Living in SIN™". Time to burn them, methinks...I was so looking forward to flying the new premium cabins
Agree on the "burn" part! I wonder if this isn't a prelude to changes on the *A chart. I would certainly miss the C Asia 1 for 30,000 miles......not to mention the 20,000 for Y.
Old Sep 29, 06, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum; UA Gold MM; IHG Spire Ambassador; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Well, you do save 5,000 miles on awards to South Africa.

Interesting how they chose to present that change first. It was all downhill from there.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: