Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

What should I do with award booking if I am not able to travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What should I do with award booking if I am not able to travel?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Exclamation What should I do with award booking if I am not able to travel?

Hi

I got an award ticket from SIN-BKK-SIN which is issued and flight confirmed. The problem is that I need to travel by end July which I am not able to do so. I am willling to forgo the miles used and the airport fees. But when I speak to the KF CS Officer, it seems that he is making life very difficult for me:

a) He says that he is not able to cancel the flights and leave it as open ticket as the ticket is expiring. By cancelling the flights, he will have to perform refund of ticket. As the miles used for redemption has expired, it cannot be credited back and on top of that, I have to pay a service fee for refund.

b) If I do not travel the dates indicated, there will be a no-show fee charged.

Is SQ dying to get me on-board the plane?

Any experience or thoughts on this issue? Thanks for all your time to provide your experience and thoughts.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 8:36 am

I think you might be able to pay to extend the ticket for about.. another 6 months, but on the other hand I don't really think SQ would charge a no-show fee if you called them to cancel the ticket beforehand. Your best bet might be to call again, getting another service officer could make a world of difference.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:48 am

Programs: SQ PPS QPP1 , CXGold
Trust me, if you really cannot travel and do not wish to extend the ticket, just go with the no show. SQ will NOT ask you to pay the no show fee UNLESS you have decided to extend the ticket after the travel date.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
SQ award tickets are valid for one year from date of issue. Or at specially marked dates.

If you do not use this ticket, and it goes beyond the issue date, then you will be SOL and basically forgo that ticket.

If you no-show, then you will lose all taxes paid.

If you send in refund, you will get taxes back but will be subjected to refund fee. And you don't even get your points back.

So... maybe just for the fun of it.. take a day trip to BKK, have a massage and a meal and fly back the same day. Better that, than nothing at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.