SIN - FRA Breakfast : Warm waffle with strawberry coulis
FRA - JFK Brunch : 7oz beef fillet with cafe de paris butter potato
FRA - JFK Lunch : Suckling pig with beer sauce

My wife:
SIN - FRA Supper : Wagyu sirloin
SIN - FRA Breakfast : Warm waffle with strawberry coulis
FRA - JFK Brunch : Boston lobster thermidor
FRA - JFK Lunch : Fillet of veal

My problem is I don't like seafood and neither does my wife but she has never had lobster before so she's going to give it a go because it is so talked about. SIN-FRA Supper actually has 2 lobster thermidors, classic and boston. Is there a difference? She wanted to try the Wagyu sirloin so she went with that and Boston lobster thermidor out of FRA.
Skip the veal even though its from Carlo Cracco. It is always super dry and NOT 2 Michelin starred quality.

Really recommend the Kyo-Kaiseki on the FIRST MEAL (aka Supper) it is from the 3 Michelin Star Kikunoi restaurant in Kyoto. Kaiseki for Breakfast is abbreviated and not as fresh after 13 hours ish.

Wagyu Sirloin is amazing all 3 times I have had it. I ask for it rare, although it seems to have been prepared medium rare.

For your FRA to JFK, Lobster Thermidor is pretty good (non seafood eaters, this dish is not fishy...think clam chowder and fish and chips), I think they are the same ex-SIN or ex-FRA. Also try the Bresse Chicken from Georges Blanc (3 Michelin). It has never disappointed me at all.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by cce5858
Skip the veal even though its from Carlo Cracco. It is always super dry and NOT 2 Michelin starred quality.

Really recommend the Kyo-Kaiseki on the FIRST MEAL (aka Supper) it is from the 3 Michelin Star Kikunoi restaurant in Kyoto. Kaiseki for Breakfast is abbreviated and not as fresh after 13 hours ish.

Wagyu Sirloin is amazing all 3 times I have had it. I ask for it rare, although it seems to have been prepared medium rare.

For your FRA to JFK, Lobster Thermidor is pretty good (non seafood eaters, this dish is not fishy...think clam chowder and fish and chips), I think they are the same ex-SIN or ex-FRA. Also try the Bresse Chicken from Georges Blanc (3 Michelin). It has never disappointed me at all.
I actually wanted the Bresse chicken but every time I selected it and hit submit, my page would error out. I figured it was phantom availability or something. Anyone see anything like that before?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I actually wanted the Bresse chicken but every time I selected it and hit submit, my page would error out. I figured it was phantom availability or something. Anyone see anything like that before?
I had an issue trying to select my meals on that route (and had bresse chicken as one of my choices). So, I called SQ and they were able to do it manually for me.

No issues with my wife's choices online. She had not selected the bresse chicken, however.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:18 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just flew SQ for the first time.

SQ7 LAX-ICN-SIN.

Crab Ravioli was a 7/10.
Chilean Sea Bass was a solid 9/10 (but the best I've ever had on a plane)
Atlantic Salmon was a solid 9/10 (but the best I've ever had on a plane)
Lobster Thermidor was an absolute disappointment and the worst thing about my trip. I give a 2/10.

It really sucks because all I ever eat is seafood and I love lobster and all shellfish and was sooooooo looking forward to trying this famous dish. It was horrible. It tasted like a concoction of low-grade seafood mixed together with zero lobster taste. My gf thought the same.

For the record, the best lobster I have ever had on a plane was 2 months ago when I had the luxury of flying CX First HKG-LAX--the lobster was DIVINE.

SQ certainly did everything ELSE right in the food department as I was impressed with everything EXCEPT the lobster thermidor.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hondaman82
No Lobster thermidor for SFO-SIN ? I just logged in and see the same menu above, a bit disappointed here
Yes. Disappointed here too, but I get it on my ex SIN leg.

Any thoughts on that menu?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:41 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by shgroamer
Yes. Disappointed here too, but I get it on my ex SIN leg.

Any thoughts on that menu?
I am glad I am not the only one who was let down.

Are you asking my thoughts on the other menu items I had on my flights?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:03 pm

Im having j class return on sq 11/12

want to try the Japanese set. I hope they cater enough as normally the pps folks gets to select it first.

anyone knows isit better to sit in front or behind so as to have a better chance of getting the jap set?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:16 pm

I wish there is a wiki where flyers posted pictures and names of their dishes so we can have a better idea what the meal look like, i can't tell much from the SQ menu list if a dish look good or not LOL... , this is Lobster Thermidor and Wagyu Sirloin for my SQ11 F LAX-NRT-SIN last time
Attached Images   
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:30 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hondaman82
I wish there is a wiki where flyers posted pictures and names of their dishes so we can have a better idea what the meal look like, i can't tell much from the SQ menu list if a dish look good or not LOL... , this is Lobster Thermidor and Wagyu Sirloin for my SQ11 F LAX-NRT-SIN last time
I can help!

Here is the crab ravioli, Chilean Sea Bass, Salmon, and Lobster thermidor from SQ 7 in J yesterday LAX-ICN-SIN.

(actually the lobster thermidor was from my final SIN-DPS flight)
Attached Images     
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
I am glad I am not the only one who was let down.

Are you asking my thoughts on the other menu items I had on my flights?
Sure, but more so the SFO-SIN btc menu.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:59 am

Had the classic lobster earlier from Sin-Icn. Decided to rest first so when I woke it was a little heavy. Tasted great though.

On the second part of journey to LAX I had the beef fillet. The potato was soggy and inedible but the steak was decent.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by 355F1
I can help!

Here is the crab ravioli, Chilean Sea Bass, Salmon, and Lobster thermidor from SQ 7 in J yesterday LAX-ICN-SIN.

(actually the lobster thermidor was from my final SIN-DPS flight)
Funny we are flying First class from LAX to DPS and also from PHX (next month). So the thermidor was on the A330 biz class segment? Anyone have the thermidor from the LAX kitchen?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:04 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by shgroamer
Sure, but more so the SFO-SIN btc menu.
I was more than impressed with the food on this flight. I did not fly out of SFO; I flew LAX-SIN-DPS.

What stands out the most is that SQ offered the most amazing croissants I have ever tasted outside of an actual french bakery in Paris. I couldn't believe how amazing they were--ESPECIALLY since this was on a plane!

The starters were amazing, the desserts were also quite yummy.

I am not a fan of warm water lobster as cold water lobster is one of my top 3 favorite foods in the world (Pacific Salmon, and King Crab are the other 2). Maybe this is why I thought the lobster thermidor was absolutely terrible.

The only airline food I have had better than this is CX FC HKG-LAX. I have flown in F on CX and BA once each, and in J quite a bit on DL/AF/KL/KQ/AA/BA.

I have top status with AA and DL....yet I am trying in vain to figure out how I can fly on SQ again with points transferred from Chase and Citi.

Originally Posted by kar don
Funny we are flying First class from LAX to DPS and also from PHX (next month). So the thermidor was on the A330 biz class segment? Anyone have the thermidor from the LAX kitchen?
There was no lobster thermidor option from LAX--at least not in J.

Yes, I ate it on the A330 J Class SIN-DPS.

Where are you staying on Bali?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
[QUOTE=355F1;28095313

Where are you staying on Bali?[/QUOTE]

We are staying at the Ritz carlton Bali, i redeemed one of my club level certificates and we are staying there 5 nights. Then off to bangkok for 5 nights and HK for 3 nights then back to phx!

Any recommendations?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Ex-JFK in Suites

Braised Short-Ribs
Short-ribs of beef braised in Chinese wine and 5-spice with Oriental mixed vegetables and wok fried egg noodles.

IMG_20170322_232143

This was some nice comfort food. The beef was moist and tasted like a high-quality pot roast dish. I enjoyed this. The noodles weren't super-flavorful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.