Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by adampenrith
had the dim sum option on SQ on a SIN LHR leaving SIN at 915am

was very happy with the offering
Thanks! I managed to request the menu for my flight and they are offering that as a breakfast option too! Think I will select that as a BTC option.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by chisquared
I really like the nasi lemak, but it definitely won't be as good as the best (or even some of the best) nasi lemak you can get in Singapore.
Thanks! think its a toss up btw that and the dim sum.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
If you're asian and have regular access to proper dim sum, don't bother with the dim sum. I'd rather have the nasi lemak.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: KrisFlyer
Has anybody tried Charolais Beef Rossini in Suites out of Paris? If yes, was it good? Would be cool if you have any other suggestions for BtC out of Paris.
Thanks a lot.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:04 am

Had the sushi on from SIN to NRT. Garbage! Can get better sushi in US grocery stores.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by milesunited
Had the sushi on from SIN to NRT. Garbage! Can get better sushi in US grocery stores.
the sushi is known to be terrible.....dont think the dry air does the sushi rice any good in the air...and i would never eat raw fish that has been kept in different temperature conditions from preparation to service
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by fimo
If you're asian and have regular access to proper dim sum, don't bother with the dim sum. I'd rather have the nasi lemak.

thanks.......still thinking abt it and its only a few more days to flight and I am getting excited. Just wish there more options for BTC breakfast, would love to have a laksa or prawn mee! I am asian and do have regular access to dim sum and nasi lemak
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by chisquared
I really like the nasi lemak, but it definitely won't be as good as the best (or even some of the best) nasi lemak you can get in Singapore.
It's my favourite too, unless the flight leaves past midnight, in which case I normally go for the satay -- this is light (and fast -- I tell them there is no need to serve me the starter, just the main course) enough for a pre-sleep snack.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Ex-SIN
It's my favourite too, unless the flight leaves past midnight, in which case I normally go for the satay -- this is light (and fast -- I tell them there is no need to serve me the starter, just the main course) enough for a pre-sleep snack.
dont think they serve satays for redeye flights anymore...supper service dont come with a satay service anymore.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by kylie79
dont think they serve satays for redeye flights anymore...supper service dont come with a satay service anymore.
Satay is one of the BTC options ex-Singapore.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Has anyone had the BBQ beef brisket on the IAH-DME route? Looks very intriguing. If its not good, a few other options that I'm considering are the steamed halibut, the seared salmon, the chimi churi beef tenderloin, and the seared lamb loin.
curious about this too
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Flying this Sunday IAH-DME. Would welcome any recent BTC experiences and what to order. Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by cowie
Satay is one of the BTC options ex-Singapore.
not on red eye flight, at least for my upcoming SIN-BCN
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
not on red eye flight, at least for my upcoming SIN-BCN
There's a bit of confusion here. There are two ways to get satay.

First way: as a canape (served before the appetiser) during the full lunch/dinner meal service. Everyone in business (and in first, if caviar is not offered) will be offered this satay. It is not available for the breakfast/refreshment/supper/light meal service.

Second way: you order it as a main course through Book The Cook, out of Singapore. This replaces your main course and I believe it is a bigger serving that includes ketupat. As long as Book The Cook is offered for the meal service (except breakfast), you can have this satay.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by cowie
There's a bit of confusion here. There are two ways to get satay.

First way: as a canape (served before the appetiser) during the full lunch/dinner meal service. Everyone in business (and in first, if caviar is not offered) will be offered this satay. It is not available for the breakfast/refreshment/supper/light meal service.

Second way: you order it as a main course through Book The Cook, out of Singapore. This replaces your main course and I believe it is a bigger serving that includes ketupat. As long as Book The Cook is offered for the meal service (except breakfast), you can have this satay.
Not sure if that's still the case. For my flight to ams this week, there is no satay option available for book the cook for supper service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.