FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Book the Cook 2005 - 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/493018-book-cook-2005-2019-a.html)

Keith009 Jan 27, 2006 2:43 am

*nudge nudge*

MovieMan Jan 27, 2006 5:01 am

Originally Posted by QF009
Flying MEL-SIN-HKG vv in J in APR - for the first time. Is it worth BTCing at all, or shall I just enjoy the food onboard? And also, if i do BTC, can I have the onboard meal instead if the latter looks better? (eg one of those Gordon Ramsay specials...:P)

And no I don't like lobsters...

If I were you I would try the regular menu as it's your first time in J--so you can see what it's like.

OTOH, if you do BTC, you can (politely :)) request an item from the regular menu instead--the crew is normally happy to accomodate such requests.

Keith009 Jan 28, 2006 3:47 am

Originally Posted by MovieMan
If I were you I would try the regular menu as it's your first time in J--so you can see what it's like.

OTOH, if you do BTC, you can (politely :)) request an item from the regular menu instead--the crew is normally happy to accomodate such requests.

Got it, thanks Movieman! :)

Since I'm flying 4 sectors I think I'll BTC for some but do the regular menu for others. Am I right to suggest that BTC might be better for flights out of SIN?

IAD777 Feb 8, 2006 12:35 pm

Has anyone had the chirashi sushi out of TPE in C?

CDG1 Feb 8, 2006 11:47 pm

Hello all,
Any idea of what they will have on the FRA-SIN flights in F on the 21st (regular meals) late flights?
Will it be two main meals or one main meal and breakfast?
The flight leaves FRA about midnight and gets in at 5.15 pm if no delays due to the air show.
Is it a good idea that i BTC the Lobster Thermidor and have the regular menu as well :cool: this will be a lo-o-o-o-ong flight...
I would certainly not mind having both! :)

CGK Feb 9, 2006 12:18 am

Originally Posted by CDG1
Hello all,
Any idea of what they will have on the FRA-SIN flights in F on the 21st (regular meals) late flights?
Will it be two main meals or one main meal and breakfast?
The flight leaves FRA about midnight and gets in at 5.15 pm if no delays due to the air show.
Is it a good idea that i BTC the Lobster Thermidor and have the regular menu as well :cool: this will be a lo-o-o-o-ong flight...
I would certainly not mind having both! :)

Is it SQ325? Leaves FRA at 22:20 and arrives SIN at 17:15?
I had not taken this flight for a very long time. And I did not see anyone posted the previous menu for this particular flight. But looking at the departure time, which is similar like the one from LHR, you will get supper then full breakfast before landing in SIN. And I believe now SQ offers a mid-flight snack menu. The supper should be appetiser, salad, soup, main courses, cheese, and dessert. Usually, i would be hungry before landing in SIN, since the meals will be served around 2 or 3 hours before landing. So, sometimes I opt for the regular menu for the first meal, and my BTC will be my full main breakfast.
Enjoy your flight and the airshow!

Kiwi Flyer Feb 9, 2006 11:40 am

SQ325 has dinner and breakfast. I think I posted the menu on the menu thread last year.

fisherman Feb 9, 2006 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by IAD777
Has anyone had the chirashi sushi out of TPE in C?

I didn't have it out of TPE, but did have it on SQ2 on the way from SIN -> SFO. The fish quality was very good, albeit a bit dry after the flight time, and the rice was as one would expect for a meal packed hours prior to a flight. I probably would not order it again.

IAD777 Feb 10, 2006 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by fisherman
I didn't have it out of TPE, but did have it on SQ2 on the way from SIN -> SFO. The fish quality was very good, albeit a bit dry after the flight time, and the rice was as one would expect for a meal packed hours prior to a flight. I probably would not order it again.

Thanks. I may pick another option. :)

Keith009 Feb 21, 2006 3:57 pm

Well, so I booked the Wild Mushroom and Chirozo Rissoto for SQ862 SIN-HKG, and the Lamb Chops for SQ227 SIN-MEL. Are these any good? :)

jjpb3 Feb 21, 2006 4:19 pm

Well, so I booked the Wild Mushroom and Chirozo Rissoto for SQ862 SIN-HKG, and the Lamb Chops for SQ227 SIN-MEL. Are these any good? :)

Lamb chops ex-SIN (I had them in F) were very very good: tender, succulent, and flavorful. The flavors all blended together fabulously. Worked very well with the Chateau Cos d'Estournel 1998 saint-estephe.

Keith009 Feb 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by jjpb3
Lamb chops ex-SIN (I had them in F) were very very good: tender, succulent, and flavorful. The flavors all blended together fabulously. Worked very well with the Chateau Cos d'Estournel 1998 saint-estephe.

Thanks jjpb3! I'm in J though, I'm sure that would make a difference in quantity - but hopefully not quality. :)

CGK Feb 21, 2006 5:03 pm

Thanks jjpb3! I'm in J though, I'm sure that would make a difference in quantity - but hopefully not quality. :)

Had the lamb-chops for J. It's not so much different with the F. I like it. Well, at least enough for me. Not too little.

Keith009 Feb 21, 2006 5:51 pm

Sounds like I made the right choice then. :) Thanks guys.

CGK Feb 21, 2006 6:18 pm

Sounds like I made the right choice then. :) Thanks guys.

Not sure about mushroom and chirozo risotto.. ;) Not found of those "o" ending... :D