FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Book the Cook 2005 - 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/493018-book-cook-2005-2019-a.html)

9V-JKL Dec 12, 2005 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by MovieMan
Usually it's overcooked and dry.

I find that too on chicken, especially when its chicken breast

CGK Dec 13, 2005 12:19 am

Was that on SQ? I'm also kind of leery of beef on planes. Usually it's overcooked and dry.

The only answer for this: BEEF SUKIYAKI ex-NRT :p :D :D

MovieMan Dec 13, 2005 12:46 am

Originally Posted by CGK
The only answer for this: BEEF SUKIYAKI ex-NRT :p :D :D

Unfortunately, not flying out of NRT anytime soon. :(

ulev Dec 13, 2005 5:54 am

Originally Posted by StarG
I have learnt to be very suspicious of any beef items on any airline menus. :D
I try not to order them as they are usually Beef a la Rubber in reality.
In case I have missed it: no airlines have yet brought Kobe beef onto their F menus, right?

The main problem with the Gyu-Don was actually that I was not able to discover any beef, while the picture in the brochure shows nothing but beef. :confused:

StarG Dec 13, 2005 5:59 am

Originally Posted by ulev
The main problem with the Gyu-Don was actually that I was not able to discover any beef, while the picture in the brochure shows nothing but beef. :confused:

Are you kidding? What is there beside the rice then? :eek:

ulev Dec 13, 2005 7:21 am

Originally Posted by StarG
Are you kidding? What is there beside the rice then? :eek:

Well, the rice was there, even with some peas mixed into it. Then there was an extra bowl with some sauce (more like soup really) containing shredded vegetables. I recognized onions and carrots, and maybe very, very little shredded beef!

No, I am not kidding.

And this was even out of SIN, where they should have the best catering as it's the home base.

demue Dec 13, 2005 8:43 am

Originally Posted by ulev
Well, the rice was there, even with some peas mixed into it. Then there was an extra bowl with some sauce (more like soup really) containing shredded vegetables. I recognized onions and carrots, and maybe very, very little shredded beef!

No, I am not kidding.

And this was even out of SIN, where they should have the best catering as it's the home base.

I had it out of SIN as a C-Class BTC dish and it was having a substantial amount of beef in the bowl. The chef must have been "sleep-walking" or something like that :confused: . I would let them know about it. Not supposed to be like that. I hope there was something else on the regular menu that you liked and that it was actually provided to you.

Cheers ...

Kiwi Flyer Dec 13, 2005 11:40 am

Mhmm. Was it a BTC dish or off the regular menu? On F?

It was a regular dish in C. (I'm sure of that as F was red-eye so only snack and breakfast.) I cant remember which flight though. I dont normally have beef anything but I was sick of the other options.

ulev Dec 13, 2005 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by demue
I had it out of SIN as a C-Class BTC dish and it was having a substantial amount of beef in the bowl. The chef must have been "sleep-walking" or something like that :confused: . I would let them know about it. Not supposed to be like that. I hope there was something else on the regular menu that you liked and that it was actually provided to you.

Cheers ...

I sure did let them know, as this was only the smaller part of my first really disappointing experience on SIA. After a little explosion on my part they were dancing around me like the muppet show, without getting any better. Must have been a really unexperienced team on the upper deck. So, tired as I was, I told them to get me a big glass of cognac and leave me alone for the rest of the flight. The first thing actually, they were able to do without a problem. Didn't even offer hot towels anymore. :D

CGK Dec 13, 2005 8:09 pm

Just had BTC Lobster Thermidor. The sauce is not as creamy as ex-SIN and without mushrooms. ^ Served with yellow rice and asparagus. I am glad I chose this, since the menu choices were not one of my favorite. Well, in fact, while at SKL NRT Sunday, I asked the lady there to find out about the menu, since there was no copy available in the magazine rack. She did try very hard to find the info. And I am doing BTC on this flight (lunch: LT, light meal: crabmeat noodle soup, dinner: beef sukiyaki).

MovieMan Dec 13, 2005 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by CGK
Just had BTC Lobster Thermidor. The sauce is not as creamy as ex-SIN and without mushrooms. ^ Served with yellow rice and asparagus...

And I am doing BTC on this flight (lunch: LT, light meal: crabmeat noodle soup, dinner: beef sukiyaki).

You're making me very hungry... :D

CGK Dec 13, 2005 8:35 pm

You're making me very hungry... :D

It's almost lunch time for you! :D

MovieMan Dec 13, 2005 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by CGK
It's almost lunch time for you! :D

Yep! I wonder if my lobster thermidor is on the way. :(

Wondering if I should BTC on SQ20 tomorrow...

CGK Dec 13, 2005 8:53 pm

Yep! I wonder if my lobster thermidor is on the way. :(

Wondering if I should BTC on SQ20 tomorrow...

Tried the slipper thermidor ex-SIN one time, and it was not satisfactory. It's a different kind of lobster I believe.

MovieMan Dec 13, 2005 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by CGK
Tried the slipper thermidor ex-SIN one time, and it was not satisfactory. It's a different kind of lobster I believe.

Yes, the (C) slipper lobster thermidor is different from the LT you get in F BTC. Was thinking maybe of something else...