FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Book the Cook 2005 - 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/493018-book-cook-2005-2019-a.html)

UpperDeckJunkie Mar 5, 2008 5:28 pm

I just went to the SQ website to try and use BTC.

I went to the BTC page, entered my booking ref and name and it brought up my itinerary but I couldn't see any reference to BTC on that page.

Anyone got any ideas why I'm not seeing the BTC options?

ultrasoul Mar 5, 2008 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by UpperDeckJunkie (Post 9363857)
I just went to the SQ website to try and use BTC.

I went to the BTC page, entered my booking ref and name and it brought up my itinerary but I couldn't see any reference to BTC on that page.

Anyone got any ideas why I'm not seeing the BTC options?

Just give SQ reservation a call (an ICC) and you should be good to go ^

Shofar Mar 7, 2008 6:55 am

Does anyone have an email address for BTC?

Thanks,

Shofar

Kiwi Flyer Mar 7, 2008 2:01 pm

You make the BTC selections online (log into the SQ website to do this).

Shofar Mar 8, 2008 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 9374159)
You make the BTC selections online (log into the SQ website to do this).

I don't book my flights online but through TA who doesn't understand BTC.

Last time I tried it from here SQ (local) didn't either.

I had but must have lost an email address that did work.

thanks anyway - maybe someone esle has an email for BTC?

Shofar

szg Mar 8, 2008 7:13 am

Call SQ direct (ticketing office - numbers are available on the homepage for your country) and book the BTC meal.

meducate Mar 10, 2008 6:03 am

IME BTC has only been available online when I booked the tix online. Otherwise I had to call SQ to select my meal.

NB, each time that I have BTC, I have found that there was always a choice on the main menu that I either preferred over my BTC choice, or at least equally as much! Of course the nice SQ staff wound up bringing me both to try...;)

87155 Mar 10, 2008 8:54 am

How often does SQ change their book the cook menu?

holtju2 Jun 3, 2008 1:39 pm

Didn't have too much time to look at the menus but just ordered Lobster for Dinner, Lunch, and then for another Dinner on SQ 11. :p :rolleyes: Also reserved the "coveted" 1B while doing the meal request.

kyushuman Jul 30, 2008 7:39 am

Kyo Kaiseki ex-SIN in F? Res Agt says not offered

I am confused about something: on ex-SIN in F, I'm flying SIN-BKK and just called to try and BTC Kyo Kaiseki. She said it's not offered on this sector--and then read me the entire list of (everything else on the list online, except Kyo Kaiseki) available entrees.
Is this a mistake, or have they excluded it from the menu due to it costing more to make than the regular meals?
I was thinking it was her mistake, but she even said that the code for it is "KYKS, which is correct, but it's not offered.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Mr H Jul 30, 2008 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman (Post 10120046)
I am confused about something: on ex-SIN in F, I'm flying SIN-BKK and just called to try and BTC Kyo Kaiseki. She said it's not offered on this sector--and then read me the entire list of (everything else on the list online, except Kyo Kaiseki) available entrees.
Is this a mistake, or have they excluded it from the menu due to it costing more to make than the regular meals?
I was thinking it was her mistake, but she even said that the code for it is "KYKS, which is correct, but it's not offered.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

I tried this once and was told it wasn't offered because it took too long to serve and eat and the flying time on that sector is too short to accommodate it.

kyushuman Jul 30, 2008 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mr H (Post 10121798)
I tried this once and was told it wasn't offered because it took too long to serve and eat and the flying time on that sector is too short to accommodate it.

That would completely make sense, except I've eaten it at least 3x on BKK-SIN! :p The block time is 2h25m, for both SIN-BKK and BKK-SIN.
But anyway, I will just get something else--not a big deal, but odd.

ankdc Jul 31, 2008 6:42 am

Book the Cook advice ex-SIN

Any recommendations on the following Book the Cook selections in C out of SIN? We prefer full-flavored, well-prepared food (who doesn't?) and don't shy away from seasonings or spice. Specifically, how's the lobster thermidore, the sea bass and the Singapore braised duck?

--

6 oz. U.S. rib-eye steak with creamy green peppercorn sauce, roasted vegetables, and garlic-mashed potatoes

Oven-roasted corn fed chicken breast, tarragon jus, and creamy polenta

Pan-seared Chilean bass with bouillabaisse sauce, capsicum confit, and kalamata olive potato

Pappardelle with chicken and sun-dried tomatoes

Roast lamb chops with mint jus, mesclun salad, and thyme-flavoured gratin potatoes

Roasted vegetables with avocado mesclun salad on roasted potatoes, in a truffle oil vinaigrette

Seared salmon escalope on a warm potato and snake bean salad

Slipper lobster Thermidor, buttered asparagus, and slow-roasted vine-ripened tomato, and saffron rice

Wild mushroom and chorizo risotto in natural jus with arugula

Menu - Singapore Specialities

Braised soya-flavoured duck with yam rice

Chicken curry Peranakan style with bread rolls

Nasi biryani*

Nasi lemak*

Singapore Chicken Rice

HSaxa Aug 29, 2008 2:59 pm

First time on SQ J class. Will fly SQ11 LAX-NRT. Of the following which do you recommend or have comments on.
  • Grilled free range chicken with fettuccine pasta and wild mushroom sauce
  • Peppered fillet mignon with mustard jus, chanterelle mushrooms, fava beans, and paprika red potatoes
  • Seared Chilean bass with creamy saffron sauce, baby vegetables and wild rice
  • Beef Sukiyaki with steamed rice
  • Wok-fried black pepper chicken with carrots, zucchini, gingko nuts, and steamed rice

Thanks!

fs2k2isfun Nov 4, 2008 2:19 pm

Any recent comments on meals in C out of LAX or NRT?

Thanks.