Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by nivekious
I'm flying JFK-FRA in F in a few weeks and see they offer a full dinner but only continental breakfast. Does anyone know if it is still possible to order a BTC meal, save it for breakfast, and get a regular menu meal at dinner? I've read contradicting accounts from the past few years going back through the threads. Thanks.
Possible in theory but you won't get much sleep. The flight is short enough without consuming two meals onboard.

Does SQ still use VS clubhouse at JFK for F pax? If so you can get a decent meal there so only need breakfast onboard (which could be ordered as a BTC meal if you like or hold over a supper option from the main menu).
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Possible in theory but you won't get much sleep. The flight is short enough without consuming two meals onboard.

Does SQ still use VS clubhouse at JFK for F pax? If so you can get a decent meal there so only need breakfast onboard (which could be ordered as a BTC meal if you like or hold over a supper option from the main menu).
Agree. F/PPS pax have access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, so my routine has always been to take my main meal in the lounge, and when onboard the flight request the FA to hold my main for later, and have just the starter. I end up rarely needing the main on board in any case, and rarely even wake up for the continental breakfast.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I'm lost. There's too much to choose from. I'm flying F from SYD-SIN-HKG. I like chicken, beef, and veal dishes. Not much of a seafood fan. There's too many choices and too many reviews. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:19 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I'm lost. There's too much to choose from. I'm flying F from SYD-SIN-HKG. I like chicken, beef, and veal dishes. Not much of a seafood fan. There's too many choices and too many reviews. Anyone have any suggestions?
Too many options is a good thing. The other day in KE F the menu choices for main meal on a longhaul flight were bibimbap (Korean beef), another Korean beef dish, a western beef dish, and a seafood option.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Any favorites ex-CDG in F?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: points traveller
just a quick gripe - i find it annoying that if you have a waitlisted segment it excludes from you BTC for all other segments as well as that segment!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
just a quick gripe - i find it annoying that if you have a waitlisted segment it excludes from you BTC for all other segments as well as that segment!
Not really. You just can not "touch" your reservation while it is waitlisted. Once it clears, or you give up and confirm your flight, you can then do the BTC. That's what I did.

On the other hand, if you are still waitlisted right up to flight time...
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:46 pm
Suspended

If you Book the Cook, and don't like the meal you selected, do they let you choose something else?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:08 am
Suspended

If you Book the Cook, and don't like the meal you selected, do they let you choose something else?
Most of the time they'll let you order something from the main menu
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:04 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Any recommendations for BTC in F ex LHR and SIN? I was thinking Guinea Fowl ex LHR and Curry Patta Lobster ex SIN.

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:26 am

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by hgp
Curry Patta Lobster ex SIN.
do it - loved it!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:44 am
Suspended

Flying F SYD-SIN-HKG

So I ordered the SYD TO SIN Lunch : Indian lamb shank curry and pilaff rice

And SIN TO HKG Dinner : Chicken tikka khurchan masala

Any suggestions, or alternatives about the choices I made? Any feedback from experienced travelers? Even the littest of information would be appreciated.

Last edited by Edgerfly; Feb 12, 2016 at 1:52 am
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:39 am
hgp

So I ordered the SYD TO SIN Lunch : Indian lamb shank curry and pilaff rice

And SIN TO HKG Dinner : Chicken tikka khurchan masala

Any suggestions? Feedback? Good, bad?
Travelling J or F? I've had the Indian lamb shank curry with rice (ex MEL) on numerous occasions... one of my favourite J meals.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:40 am
Suspended

I'm in F
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:40 pm
hgp

I'm in F
When I fly F, I usually try a BTC meal which is not available when I'm travelling J. That said, I've never been disappointed with the lamb shank, so go for it if that's what takes your fancy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.