Wiki Posts
Search

No more 'priority disembarkation'?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2004, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
No more 'priority disembarkation'?

I just got off the fifth flight this month on which the cabin crew didn't shut the curtains between classes to let the passengers in First & Raffles class disembark before Economy passengers.
Is this a new policy? Has anyone experienced the same thing?
Old Sep 29, 2004, 5:39 am

Programs: SQ TPP, SQ *G, MPC Gold, HHonours Diamond, Starwood Plat
Talking

I just got back from NRT on SQ997 on Sun and the crew pulled the curtain to let class P and J customers to disembark first. Might be the crew on the flights u have been on. Not sure about how consistent they do it across the board.

I know on one of my flights to LHR, one of the customers asked the IF Supervisor to draw to curtains as a courtesy to the "premium customers" and he was hapy to instruct the cabin crew to do so immediately after very quickly. Let me observe in my next 4 trip in Oct and I will maybe post a different view by then. Let me know urs too
Old Sep 29, 2004, 5:54 am
Original Poster

They have been very consistent in enforcing the policy in the past, which makes me wonder if there is any recent changes. Thanks for your reply pps04.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 6:32 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Its happened a few times before, especially on the 744s, but then there's usually been an SQ girl standing in front of the Y aisles blocking the Y pax till P and J disembark. Guess it depends on the crew.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 7:29 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
In my last couple of flights, its been business as usual, F and C get to leave the aircraft first.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 9:26 am

they stopped closing the curtains a couple of months ago, i asked the crew why they don't do this anymore, they told me it was a safety measure.

some crew will stand in the aisle to block passengers, and some will still close the curtains.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miki13331
they stopped closing the curtains a couple of months ago, i asked the crew why they don't do this anymore, they told me it was a safety measure.

some crew will stand in the aisle to block passengers, and some will still close the curtains.
There you go... thanks miki13331. That's what I suspected.
However, I wonder why the implementation is not consistent.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 5:59 am
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by miki13331

I did 7 sectors in F over the last 2 weeks and the curtains were closed upon arrival in all cases
Old Oct 27, 2004, 6:26 am
Original Poster

I e-mailed SQ about this and got their reply today.
No change in policy. F & J are still supposed to get disembarkation priority.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Oh thank Dog! I was concerned. One the things I hate about flying on UA (especially disembarking 757s from door 2L) is that the FAs are often getting in the way of the premium passengers to ease egress for the cheapo passengers. I rest more easily when flying on SQ knowing that at least I'll be able to disembark in an orderly manner without a lot of pushing and shoving.

Last edited by zvezda; Oct 27, 2004 at 10:36 pm Reason: grammar
Old Oct 27, 2004, 5:11 pm

no curtains on my flight today between J and F, not sure about curtains between J and Y.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 12:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by zvezda
Oh thank Dog! I was concerned. One the things I hate about flying on UA (especially disembarking 757s from door 2L) is that the FAs are often getting in the way of the premium passengers to ease egress for the cheapo passengers. I rest more easily when flying on SQ knowing that at least I'll be able to disembark in an orderly manner without a lot of pushing and shoving.
Actually, on a recentl flight from CMB to SIN the curtains were not drawn, and 6 people from the Y cabin managed to push in front of me even though I was seated in the C cabin. FA didn't do anything.

On my flight to Tokyo on UA, however, we had to park at a remote area. The purser and an assistant flight attendant blocked all Business Passengers from walking down the stairs, so as to let the First class passengers disembark First. I was also in the F cabin, and as soon as all F passangers were in the bus, the doors shut and we quickly drove off.

I LOVE it when they do that!
Old Oct 29, 2004, 2:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by UA 882
On my flight to Tokyo on UA, however, we had to park at a remote area. The purser and an assistant flight attendant blocked all Business Passengers from walking down the stairs, so as to let the First class passengers disembark First. I was also in the F cabin, and as soon as all F passangers were in the bus, the doors shut and we quickly drove off.

I LOVE it when they do that!
Well done UA!
Old Nov 26, 2004, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to check again with fellow FTers as I still see no 'priority disembarkation' policy being enforced on my previous several flights on SQ.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 9:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No SQ flights for nearly a month, but previous several SQ flights all had priority disembarkation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.