Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

JFK-SIN-MAA on Singapore airlines business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus

Being in sky team alliance, I typically fly AF from US to Chennai/ Mumbai in business class, but want to try JFK-SIN-MAA on Singapore airlines business class. Grateful for your opinion on the service/experience in SG business class compared to AF business class. I have attached the travel itenary I am looking at. Thanks
Attached Images  
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:50 am

See the regional a350 J thread to get your expectations appropriately set for your second leg. Short enough that it shouldn’t be the end of the world, but despite the same underlying craft the hard product is quite different! I’ve yet to fly the proper long haul SQ a350 so I can’t comment directly, other than to say that it’s nice to have an a350/787/a380 for the long leg for the noise/humidity/cabin altitude alone. Definitely makes a difference for me arriving significantly more refreshed and not all dried out!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the response

Originally Posted by pesos
See the regional a350 J thread to get your expectations appropriately set for your second leg. Short enough that it shouldn’t be the end of the world, but despite the same underlying craft the hard product is quite different! I’ve yet to fly the proper long haul SQ a350 so I can’t comment directly, other than to say that it’s nice to have an a350/787/a380 for the long leg for the noise/humidity/cabin altitude alone. Definitely makes a difference for me arriving significantly more refreshed and not all dried out!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
I would argue that AF is probably offering the best biz product of all the Euro carriers and would be pretty competitive, if you can get AF new biz, compared with SQ (particularly if you like French food).

Keen to hear your perspective on SQ v AF (as a regular AF flyer), once you have completed your SQ journey!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:28 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
I have no experience with AF. But people either hate the SQ J "convertible" lie-flat seat or are fine with it. Try to get the bulkhead on the A350-900ULR for more foot room. Service is likely to be excellent, and the food will be pretty decent. The JFK lounge experience, however, is laughable. The lounge in SIN is quite nice, but can get very crowded - although if I remember right, not at the time you will be there.

Isn't flying via SIN considerably longer than via CDG? TBH I'd probably stick with AF for that reason alone, if I had a choice. But maybe you want a change of scenery.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Excellent points to think through thank you

Originally Posted by snic
I have no experience with AF. But people either hate the SQ J "convertible" lie-flat seat or are fine with it. Try to get the bulkhead on the A350-900ULR for more foot room. Service is likely to be excellent, and the food will be pretty decent. The JFK lounge experience, however, is laughable. The lounge in SIN is quite nice, but can get very crowded - although if I remember right, not at the time you will be there.

Isn't flying via SIN considerably longer than via CDG? TBH I'd probably stick with AF for that reason alone, if I had a choice. But maybe you want a change of scenery.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

AF has stopped flying into MAA. And their business class tickets are now are 1000$ more than SG to the nearest city to MAA ( BLR)

Originally Posted by RayG
I would argue that AF is probably offering the best biz product of all the Euro carriers and would be pretty competitive, if you can get AF new biz, compared with SQ (particularly if you like French food).

Keen to hear your perspective on SQ v AF (as a regular AF flyer), once you have completed your SQ journey!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:48 pm

Take the chance to try different cuisines on board, especially out bound from SIN. Check your Book The Cook options on the SQ website.
Love_Travel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.