Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Saver Awards Being Released for First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saver Awards Being Released for First Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:27 am

No, I "doncha think." You are conflating two different things. PPS has nothing whatsoever to do with COVID - it and its expanded availability existed long before the pandemic - so why would bloggers be talking about PPS more post-covid as you insist they should be? You do understand what travel bloggers' job is, don't you? Maybe not, since you seem to expect them to bring up a program that 99% of their readers would never in a million years qualify for... Sounds like a bit of sour grapes that SQ has a program that caters to its hometown fliers.

Getting back to my point, once again "Post-covid award availability is pretty rough on all Asian carriers, which I see Lucky and other bloggers mention with some frequency these days. Pesky supply and demand." Even despite bloggers having a financial incentive to drum up interest in "the game" IMO this is a fairly realistic portrayal of the difficulty level (taken from your last link):

"The good news is that you can redeem miles for Singapore Airlines Suites and first class. The bad news is that it will cost you a lot of miles, and could also require a lot of flexibility. Unlike some other airlines, Singapore Airlines doesn’t necessarily have a consistent pattern with which it releases Suites and first class award availability."

"Now, this isn’t necessarily bad news, because KrisFlyer miles are easy to come by. KrisFlyer is partners with all major transferable points currencies, including Amex Membership Rewards, Capital One, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Citi ThankYou. So if you’re earning your rewards with credit cards, you should have no issues sourcing the points for these redemptions." (do you think they are talking only to you, or that a fair number of other people might also be doing the same?)

"While in our hobby we always try to redeem at the lowest possible award cost, let me say that redeeming for an Advantage award might just be your only practical option at times, so be prepared to redeem that way. "

"
Whether you’re looking to fly the A380 or 777; even though the A380 has more seats in Suites, I find that Singapore generally makes more award seats available in first class when the schedule opens
  • What kind of a route you’re looking at; in general, you’ll have an easier time snagging a Suites or first class seat from Singapore to Jakarta or Mumbai, than from Singapore to Frankfurt or London
  • Whether you’re willing to pay the Advantage or Saver price; you might sometimes find a long haul Saver seat when the schedule opens on a 777, but rarely on an A380"

"What about closer to departure? Does Singapore Airlines open up lots more award seats? Unfortunately not really. It does happen, but it’s fairly rare, and that simply comes down to there not often being lots of unsold seats at the last minute. With only four or six seats per cabin, Singapore Airlines tends to sell out (or nearly sell out) its top cabin in advance."
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Yeah buddy, that "doncha think" is sarcastic. Sarcasm much?
You still don't get it...these bloggers do give the correct information, but its not complete. For the average joe that is trying to book an award like this, just saying "oh, you have a higher chance if you are flexible and can dish out more miles" is a bit misleading, it would make more sense to say that you virtually have no chance at a saver award ticket, so be expected to pay almost double in some cases. Air France doesn't sugar coat, they tell you straight out what is needed for First in these blogs. Same with Qatar.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:55 am

Now it appears you don't understand the definition of sarcasm lol, keep digging bud.

I completely get it, I just don't agree with your silly point. As quoted above, the blog being quoted make exactly what you said about chances pretty friggin clear:
"While in our hobby we always try to redeem at the lowest possible award cost, let me say that redeeming for an Advantage award might just be your only practical option at times, so be prepared to redeem that way. "

Not to mention all the other quotes which in tandem make it pretty obvious. Also kind of silly to assume that premium F awards are for the "average joe" as you put it - not at all the case. You keep devolving and becoming more and more difficult to follow - now you're oddly claiming that Air France and Qatar write the travel blogs. ("Air France doesn't sugar coat, they tell you straight out what is needed for First in these blogs. Same with Qatar.")
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:18 am

As of this posting, JFK to FRA in 77W on 13 May 24 is available in advantage. Happy hunting!
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:25 am

Yep they do appear randomly now and then, but unlike pre-covid it's pretty impossible to count on a saver pull, especially without extreme flexibility to kinda pick up and go whenever. Such is life these days, especially on this particular route since it switched to the 4-seater 77w.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:36 am

Saver on 5/14 LAX-NRT also. Go go go! XD
Old Mar 23, 2024, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by bpk6h
No shortage of immediately available Advantage and also lots of Waitlist Saver (in F). I did a check and found immediate Saver availability on some dates:

SQ12:
Aug 26
Feb 22

SQ11:
Jul 29
Aug 7, 13, 20, 21, 23, 25
Sep 1
Jan 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 30
Feb 3, 13, 20

sbs2716g can run a check if this is a PPS only view...I have no idea
Using app, most dates show unavailable even for advantage waitlist

but using website, saw some availability for advantage award and advantage waitlist. (Which is showing unavailable in the app)

no saver at all. So PPS have the advantage.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:36 pm

Programs: NZ
Bear in mind that pre-COVID most SQ A380s had the old F configuration with 12 seats (I think), so it was generally easier to find saver award availability.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by minz56
Bear in mind that pre-COVID most SQ A380s had the old F configuration with 12 seats (I think), so it was generally easier to find saver award availability.
Quite right indeed, one of the factors on the supply side of that whole “supply and demand” thing I keep mentioning. Total F seats on all SQ cabins are quite limited making awards even more so.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 10:30 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by minz56
Yup, last Saver Award I got for 2 pax on A388 was SIN-JFK in "old" Suites. After that only 77W success and usually only for 1 pax at saver level though occasionally two seats were available like sometimes to LHR or on low demand days to FRA when SQ326/325 was operated by a 77W. YMMV.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pesos
Saver on 5/14 LAX-NRT also. Go go go! XD
I know I'm over a day late, but space is gone. Saver waitlist or Advantage available.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:13 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by demue
Yup, last Saver Award I got for 2 pax on A388 was SIN-JFK in "old" Suites. After that only 77W success and usually only for 1 pax at saver level though occasionally two seats were available like sometimes to LHR or on low demand days to FRA when SQ326/325 was operated by a 77W. YMMV.
Indeed ... I got SIN/AKL in old Suites in December 2019 via the NZ FFP. Now I doubt you would find a single F seat via a partner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.