Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Change Saver Business to Advantage and add Stopover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Have a one-way saver level redemption booked SIN-LAX, availability has opened up for a stopover in Tokyo, SIN-NRT-LAX.

With one-way stopovers only allowed on advantage rewards, do I need to cancel and re-book completely or will calling allow for this to be processed as a change to avoid possibility of losing both options?

Under 'Manage booking,' "add a stopover" is not an option, assuming because I am currently booked as Saver reward.

Would I be on the hook for multiple fees due to change of date & change of route & award type OR cancel & redeposit?

Thank you in adavance
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by planetrainshane
Have a one-way saver level redemption booked SIN-LAX, availability has opened up for a stopover in Tokyo, SIN-NRT-LAX.

With one-way stopovers only allowed on advantage rewards, do I need to cancel and re-book completely or will calling allow for this to be processed as a change to avoid possibility of losing both options?

Under 'Manage booking,' "add a stopover" is not an option, assuming because I am currently booked as Saver reward.

Would I be on the hook for multiple fees due to change of date & change of route & award type OR cancel & redeposit?

Thank you in adavance
u can try to manage booking and change the booking to a SIN-LAX OW Advantage award, then manage it again to see if you can add a stopover in NRT. This would likely mean 2x change fees though.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by bent
u can try to manage booking and change the booking to a SIN-LAX OW Advantage award, then manage it again to see if you can add a stopover in NRT. This would likely mean 2x change fees though.
I have a JFK-BKK Advantage award and I can't add a stopover online so my guess is it won't work without calling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.