Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy/KrisFlyer partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Snout
thanks. It occuree to me after the fact as flight (and attached mileage program) was arranged way before the status match was announced.

still and all, hoping that “Contra proferentem” ( "interpretation against the draftsman")
applies here since isnt explicitly called out in t&c,
If don’t credit, then how is SQ/krisflyer going to track? There are ppl with similar name. So how is SQ going to match it ?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
If don’t credit, then how is SQ/krisflyer going to track? There are ppl with similar name. So how is SQ going to match it ?
booking details and eticket?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:34 am

Don't forget you need to fly it (not just book it, not even just check in for it...)
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
Yes, possible.
For one idle moment last week I was quite seriously contemplating this. Would need to position to MIL beforehand and then away from afterwards.

"Madness.... Madness".

Could be fun to try, though
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Don't forget you need to fly it (not just book it, not even just check in for it...)
yes have flown 4 flight segments
Old Jan 8, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by strayersong
Why do you assume you know better than others and that I'm doubling down? There are many emails circulating showing that responses from SG affirm that it requires four separate bookings.

I'm not saying that these CS agents are absolutely correct. But I'm not gonna turn a blind eye and pretend there's no risk how the "four flights" is interpreted by SG either.
I'm in Bangkok and have been scouting flights since I heard about this. I booked four flights about an hour ago on one booking. My heart seriously sank when I read your posts. After reading the "terms" again it really makes no sense that 4 separate reservations would be required. Here are the relevant terms:

4. Subject to clauses 5, 6, 8 and 9 of this Part C, upon such upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Silver Status (or for KrisFlyer Members with existing KrisFlyer Elite Silver Status and Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, or Ambassador Elite membership status), such Joint Member will be eligible to be further upgraded to KrisFlyer Elite Gold Status by completing four (4) Qualifying Flights within six (6) months following the date of registration in the Preferred Partnership Program (“KrisFlyer Elite Gold Accelerator Challenge”).

Still though with a heavy thumping heart I did a live help chat with SA directly on their website while logged in. The agent indicated four separate bookings are NOT needed. Here is the important part of the chat. The text says "bot", but it was a live agent.

You said:

It only mentions 4 flights. It doesn't mention 4 separate bookings.

Sent at NaN at 12:NaN PM

Customer at 8:23:42 PM

Bot said: To earn KrisFlyer Elite Gold Status you need to have 4 segment flights operated purely by Singapore Airlines in one booking under commercial class from date of registration.

Live Chat Agent at 8:25:49 PM

You said: Thank you so much. On some travel forums someone stated 4 separate PNRs are required.. I'm happy to hear that is not true..

Customer at 8:27:06 PM

You said: I do assume you mean "in one or more bookings".. is that right?

Customer at 8:28:13 PM

Bot said: Either way, in one PNR or in different PNR, as long as within a six month period from date of registration.

Live Chat Agent at 8:29:09 PM

You said: Gotcha.. Thank you so much for clarifying this.

My heart is back to normal and while I can't guarantee anything. I feel much better about my upcoming 4 flights to KUL for a 3 night stay.

Link to entire chat. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...usp=drive_link
NoY, tropikey and lovemc like this.

Last edited by kalo93406; Jan 8, 2024 at 6:53 am
Old Jan 11, 2024, 5:13 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Still waiting for the Gold to kick in.

Matched Marriot Platinum to Krisflyer Silver successfully on 16 Dec 23.
Flew LHR-SIN-PER on 19 Dec and PER-SIN-LHR on 29 Dec. All sectors credited to Krisflyer by 30 Dec.

Still status shows Krisflyer Silver with normal qualification requirements to attain gold.

A call to customer service initially didn't know about the promotion at all, and then said just to wait. Has this worked for anyone yet?

Last edited by adl73x; Jan 11, 2024 at 5:14 am Reason: Spelling error
Old Jan 11, 2024, 5:44 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by adl73x
Matched Marriot Platinum to Krisflyer Silver successfully on 16 Dec 23.
Flew LHR-SIN-PER on 19 Dec and PER-SIN-LHR on 29 Dec. All sectors credited to Krisflyer by 30 Dec.

Still status shows Krisflyer Silver with normal qualification requirements to attain gold.

A call to customer service initially didn't know about the promotion at all, and then said just to wait. Has this worked for anyone yet?
This was booked on a single PNR?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
SQ won't have your KrisFlyer number details if it is credited to another FFP program. So not possible to track that you have completed the 4 flights. Same reason why Redemption tickets are also not eligible since there is no mileage credit for such tickets.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by NoY
This was booked on a single PNR?
Yes, it was. So I'm hanging on on the reasonable responses below and the actual terms and conditions.
NoY likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:11 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by adl73x
All sectors credited to Krisflyer by 30 Dec.

It's disappointing to hear that you don't have Gold after 13 days.
NoY and adl73x like this.

Last edited by kalo93406; Jan 12, 2024 at 1:19 am
Old Jan 12, 2024, 2:12 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Yes, some more data points would be useful
kalo93406 and adl73x like this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:13 pm
wkc

A new data point appeared on a Facebook group today: https://imgur.com/a/lKnAC4W

Looks like SQ and United Airlines are best friends here! 1 itinerary/trip/reservation = 1 flight
Old Jan 12, 2024, 6:31 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by wkc
A new data point appeared on a Facebook group today: https://imgur.com/a/lKnAC4W

Looks like SQ and United Airlines are best friends here! 1 itinerary/trip/reservation = 1 flight
Well, if that's genuine (absolutely no disrespect to @ wkc) it's not only very bad news for many (myself included) but also somewhat of a nonsensical approach by SQ
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:18 pm
wkc

Originally Posted by NoY
Well, if that's genuine (absolutely no disrespect to @ wkc) it's not only very bad news for many (myself included) but also somewhat of a nonsensical approach by SQ
In case you were wondering, the itinerary in question was:

HND>SIN
SIN>MLE
MLE>SIN
SIN>HND

booked on a single PNR
NoY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.