Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy/KrisFlyer partnership

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2023, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by makrxx
If I'm currently PPS which expires end Feb, I get 6 months after matching to hit 10 nights. Will the challenge lapse come end Feb (i.e I don't get to do the challenge) or as long as I match before it's fine?

And I wonder after hitting the 10 nights to get Platinum, can I match back to *G with 4 flights...
After you matched, Marriot's challenge has nothing to do with KF. The only thing Marriot see is that you are indeed PPS at time of match. People who do status match usually have to submit a screenshot of their status of the counterparty. This is done electronically in this case.

No idea if you could do the challenge twice.
makrxx likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Would it be possible do a same day turn? MXP-BCN-MXP using separate bookings… it’s only 80 min on the ground in BCN
Old Dec 24, 2023, 12:57 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know for certain that SQ ticketed Scoot operated flights do not count towards the required flights? Would rather do CNX-SIN-PEN r/t than CNX-BKK/BKK-SIN-PEN.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 3:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Does anyone know for certain that SQ ticketed Scoot operated flights do not count towards the required flights? Would rather do CNX-SIN-PEN r/t than CNX-BKK/BKK-SIN-PEN.
Maybe you want to refer to the term and conditions of this promotion? There are published for you to answer all questions you might have.

"For purposes of these Preferred Partnership Rules, award tickets and codeshare flights are not considered to be Qualifying Flights."

All Scoot flights are code share flights.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 3:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by utpharmdoc
Would it be possible do a same day turn? MXP-BCN-MXP using separate bookings… it’s only 80 min on the ground in BCN
Yes, possible.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 8:02 am

There are a few SQ metal flights from Singapore to Penang daily. They cost a bit more, though. I'm doing LAX -SIN-PEN next week.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by plam1365
There are a few SQ metal flights from Singapore to Penang daily. They cost a bit more, though. I'm doing LAX -SIN-PEN next week.
Yeah, it's the CNX-SIN segment that is only served by Scoot. Going to play it safe and hop on this the next time I need to be in BKK I guess.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by utpharmdoc
Yes, this will count as 2 flights.

No. T&C mentions eligible flights have to be operated by Singapore Airlines. BKK-SIN-PEN will count as 2 flights.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have Gold Status with United and Titanium with Marriott.

If I get SQ Silver, I guess I can buy SQ Y tickets and get seat assignment for free. However, I lose other Star Gold benefits (extra baggage, Priority tag, lounge, boarding). There is no way around this so I can get both, right?

I know SQ's system used to have different "Credit To" and "Status" FQTV numbers but I don't know if they still do that and if it will help with the situation...

Thanks.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by username
I have Gold Status with United and Titanium with Marriott.

If I get SQ Silver, I guess I can buy SQ Y tickets and get seat assignment for free. However, I lose other Star Gold benefits (extra baggage, Priority tag, lounge, boarding). There is no way around this so I can get both, right?

I know SQ's system used to have different "Credit To" and "Status" FQTV numbers but I don't know if they still do that and if it will help with the situation...

Thanks.
why bother w SQ Silver when star alliance Gold benefits are way better.

You can enjoy SQ status with FQTS and mileage accrual to other program via FQTV.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
Correct, T&C state that SQ flights in any boarding class (expect G for group travel) qualify.

Anybody have recommendations for the cheapest same-day RT flights on SQ out of BKK?
I'm considering a quick run to get the 4 flights and *G.
try BKK - KUL / Or some Indonesian point.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bent
why bother w SQ Silver when star alliance Gold benefits are way better.

You can enjoy SQ status with FQTS and mileage accrual to other program via FQTV.
Thanks. The only benefit I see is I can get seats assigned in economy for free if I had SQ Silver. I don't think they do that for Star Alliance Gold, do they? (For UA award ticket, I can get seats assigned for free.)
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:45 am

Miles accumulation?

Hello- first post here

Does anyone know if the miles for SQ flights need to accrue to KF to qualify for the Krisflyer gold accelerator challenge?

i registered and got matched to KF silver. I have since taken 4 flights on Sq (1 booking) but had the miles tagged to another airline program. Wondering if accruing to KF is a requirement to get the KF gold status

I did ask KF membership this q but still have not gotten a definitive answer
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Snout
Hello- first post here

Does anyone know if the miles for SQ flights need to accrue to KF to qualify for the Krisflyer gold accelerator challenge?

i registered and got matched to KF silver. I have since taken 4 flights on Sq (1 booking) but had the miles tagged to another airline program. Wondering if accruing to KF is a requirement to get the KF gold status

I did ask KF membership this q but still have not gotten a definitive answer
yes almost definitely will need to credit the flights to SQ I think sadly.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Subman
yes almost definitely will need to credit the flights to SQ I think sadly.
thanks. It occuree to me after the fact as flight (and attached mileage program) was arranged way before the status match was announced.

still and all, hoping that “Contra proferentem” ( "interpretation against the draftsman")
applies here since isnt explicitly called out in t&c,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.