Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy/KrisFlyer partnership

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2023, 6:48 am

It needs to be four bookings / PNRs. One booking counts as one qualifying flight no matter how many legs it contains.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 7:33 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by strayersong
It needs to be four bookings / PNRs. One booking counts as one qualifying flight no matter how many legs it contains.
Really? Surely four qualifying flights. Not bookings.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Yeah, I don't think that's right. A flight is a flight. A booking can has 20 different flights on it. Imagine a RTW itinerary count as one flight lmao.

On United for example, a leg count as 1 flight and earns 1 PQF (qualifying flight).
NoY likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 9:42 pm

Has anyone linked their SQ to Marriott to try the Accelerator (linking KFEG to Marriott and staying 10 nights within 6 months to get Bonvoy Platinum).

I linked, and in my Marriott promotions page, i now have a tracker that is called “10 nights Maximum”. The status is about 25% of the way there, but there is no target number, and the details are blank.

Has anyone else got the same tracker? I am 99% sure it wasn’t there before i linked my accounts, but the lack of details makes it difficult!
Old Dec 16, 2023, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by EileenCat
Anyone know how long the match for KF Gold to Marriott Gold Elite takes to show up? Is it same day or does it take a few days?
I linked my accounts on Wednesday 13th (KF gold)… but i already had Marriott Gold so not sure what impact it did. (I linked it because i want to use the Accelerator to get bonvoy plat after 10 nights)

However, i just noticed in the Promotions tab, i now have a tracker that just says “10 nights maximum” - no other details than that. In theory you should also have the same if your account is linked?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Many people have enquired this and all responses they got from SG is it needs to be four bookings. If you don't believe it you can ask them yourself.
It's also how it worked / works for the Infinite Journey promotion with Shangri-la.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
If they mean qualifying bookings why don’t they refer to it in T&C? It would seem deceptive otherwise, with clauses like::
:
such Joint Member will be eligible to be further upgraded to KrisFlyer Elite Gold Status by completing four (4) Qualifying Flights within six (6) months following the date of registration in the Preferred Partnership Program (“KrisFlyer Elite Gold Accelerator Challenge”).
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Krisflyer Gold, HHonors Gold
Many people have enquired this and all responses they got from SG is it needs to be four bookings. If you don't believe it you can ask them yourself.
It's also how it worked / works for the Infinite Journey promotion with Shangri-la.
I qualified for Krisflyer Gold by taking 4 flights on a single PNR/booking under the Shangri-La partnership...
NoY, henkybaby and tropikey like this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Why do you double down when others are trying to help with the correct answer?

The promotion requires four boarded flights (e.g. four different boarding passes) and not four bookings. All four flights can indeed be in one booking.
lokijuh, kalo93406, NoY and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by the810
Does this only mean they exclude SQ-marketed flights operated by other airlines, or would flights marketed by other airlines but operated by SQ also be excluded? Asking because at *A it's the operating carrier that usually matters (and because LH has some great fares on SQ metal at the moment ).
Good qn, TnC only mentioned SQ operated flights - not mentioned if marketed by other airlines and operated by SQ whether it is counted, so the assumption is yes.

Originally Posted by EileenCat
Anyone know how long the match for KF Gold to Marriott Gold Elite takes to show up? Is it same day or does it take a few days?
Not mentioned in T&C - prob give it 2 weeks or so post flight; else I would call in.

4 flights does not = to 4 bookings. So LAX-SIN and SIN-PEN already count as 2 flights. a Roundtrip of that would make it 4 flights.
NoY likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 6:50 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I still believe its 4 flights & will be proceeding accordingly.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by bent
Good qn, TnC only mentioned SQ operated flights - not mentioned if marketed by other airlines and operated by SQ whether it is counted, so the assumption is yes.

Not mentioned in T&C - prob give it 2 weeks or so post flight; else I would call in.

4 flights does not = to 4 bookings. So LAX-SIN and SIN-PEN already count as 2 flights. a Roundtrip of that would make it 4 flights.
I certainly hope that is the case. I'm doing that precise trip in a couple of months.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:31 am

I’m Marriott Gold and applied for the accelerated silver status. Now I’m lucky by living in BCN and can easily book a return flight to Milano which Singapore airlines operate.
But by taking the 2 flights required for silver status does that mean I have silver status with 0 miles towards gold? Or does it mean I only need 25000 more to reach Gold status (instead of the 50000)?
I do plan a trip to Singapore in J class in November which should net around 22000 miles.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
Why do you double down when others are trying to help with the correct answer?

The promotion requires four boarded flights (e.g. four different boarding passes) and not four bookings. All four flights can indeed be in one booking.
Why do you assume you know better than others and that I'm doubling down? There are many emails circulating showing that responses from SG affirm that it requires four separate bookings.

I'm not saying that these CS agents are absolutely correct. But I'm not gonna turn a blind eye and pretend there's no risk how the "four flights" is interpreted by SG either.
carrotjuice likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 6:42 pm

Programs: krisflyer
If I'm currently PPS which expires end Feb, I get 6 months after matching to hit 10 nights. Will the challenge lapse come end Feb (i.e I don't get to do the challenge) or as long as I match before it's fine?

And I wonder after hitting the 10 nights to get Platinum, can I match back to *G with 4 flights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.