Wiki Posts
Search

Return of hot towels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer
Return of hot towels

Can confirm, both my flights in the past two days had hot towels. They have a new scent, it's ok but I preferred the lemon scent.

Now I'm still waiting for the return of mouthwash in the toilets and chocolates served after dinner - what are everyone else's remaining pre-COVID things that they miss?
Old Sep 13, 2023, 12:28 pm

Which flights?
Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer
SQ207 and 305, but I think it should be on all of them.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 5:47 pm

I think it was announced that the hot towels have returned for F and J with effect from 12 September, and for S and Y sometime at the end of this year.
On a separate note, I would love for the mouth wash to be returned to the onboard lavatories. Let's however count our blessings as at the very least, SQ still has got body lotion, face mist, and cologne in their lavatories in F and J, where CX has pretty much only got a fancy hand wash, hand sanitiser and body lotion now in J.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 8:43 am

If I recall correctly, SQ introduced a fruit and cheese trolley on lunch/dinner flight prior to Covid in business class.. It is a separate course from the dessert. Now they just do one pass of the dessert trolley with both fruits and cheese being pre-plated. While you can have all three options, it will be nice to bring back a separate cheese/fruit course.

Carfield
Old Sep 15, 2023, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Carfield
If I recall correctly, SQ introduced a fruit and cheese trolley on lunch/dinner flight prior to Covid in business class.. It is a separate course from the dessert. Now they just do one pass of the dessert trolley with both fruits and cheese being pre-plated. While you can have all three options, it will be nice to bring back a separate cheese/fruit course.

Carfield
Many airlines have introduced “express dining” in Business Class and I myself have lobbied for years to have this on SQ. Management is not convinced and has instead opted for a compromise to streamline the existing.

it’s a typical SQ compromise that doesn’t help the ones that want an express service but takes away from the people that like the long service.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 6:35 pm

SQ's new hot towel service in Suites is pretty pathetic: they come around with their BBQ aluminum tray fresh out of the oven and waive the hot towels in your face with their utility tongs. Just as they do in Economy...
Old Sep 17, 2023, 10:19 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SMK77

SQ's new hot towel service in Suites is pretty pathetic: they come around with their BBQ aluminum tray fresh out of the oven and waive the hot towels in your face with their utility tongs. Just as they do in Economy...
with max 6 pax in Suites they could easily take a towel, transfer it to one of those rectangular small plates every decent resort hotel in SE Asia or Japan or so has (stick a lil of those Orchid flower buds on it if one wants to go for special presentation bonus points ) and present it to each suites pax individuallly. Not a major inconvenience/ difficult process for crew one would think (meaning not a major disruption to the work flows)?
Old Sep 17, 2023, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by demue
with max 6 pax in Suites they could easily take a towel, transfer it to one of those rectangular small plates every decent resort hotel in SE Asia or Japan or so has (stick a lil of those Orchid flower buds on it if one wants to go for special presentation bonus points ) and present it to each suites pax individuallly. Not a major inconvenience/ difficult process for crew one would think (meaning not a major disruption to the work flows)?

Well, SQ is able to serve the towels on a small tray in the TPR so I would assume it shouldn't be a big effort to replicate this in the air.

When it comes to First Class, I don't know any airline that would just give you the towel with tongs out of an aluminium BBQ container. TG used to have silver plates, NH is using something similar to SQ's TPR, same for LX. LH has the most elegant version with a white porcelain plate with a rose pedal.
demue likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 10:13 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SMK77

HAHA ...fres out of the oven ........
Old Sep 18, 2023, 10:25 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sl00001
HAHA ...fres out of the oven ........
Yah, I wish the bread rolls and garlic bread where that nicely heated all the time. Last few flights (even when sitting in rows 11 - 14, so usually served quite quickly) the best was lukewarm and twice it was very cold in the center and the garlic bread is not pleasant to eat that way so I left it. When I gave the feedback to the crew member serving it he assured me it was warmed up (well I didn't say it wasn't, but not properly), but then he left it (and me) at that. No, offer to reheat it or to bring a warm one or so - I guess he was looking out for my carbs intake - forgot to thank him for that.
sl00001 and Singapore_Air like this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 3:28 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Well , had to get the hot towel offered changed as prefer mine icy

Hot towel with the ice on the side

Changed to ice being wrapped in towel for taxiing and take off

Crew pleased as always to accommodate my quirky requests , Bellini transferred to paper cup ( children ‘ s )
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Hot towels returned to Y a couple days ago on my BKK-SIN flight - was a pleasant surprise
Singapore_Air likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.