Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Schedule/Fleet Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2023, 6:44 am
Original Poster

SQ Schedule/Fleet Update

From 1st May 2024, SQ will redeploy the A350 ULR

SQ34/33 (SIN-SFO) will be swapped from A350 ULR to A350 LH (with Y seats)

SQ36/35 (SIN-LAX) will be swapped from A350 LH to A350 ULR. Flight will be on day 3/5/7.

Based on this schedule, only 5 ULR will be needed (plus 1 spare).

seem like SQ is either planning to do a refit on the ULR ? Or just routine maintenance.

right now, the schedule up to mid Aug reflect this.
Singapore_Air and bpk6h like this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 10:33 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Should we dare no to hope they plan to put in the new Biz designated for the 779? It was hinted before, but it could be some sort of more thorough mechanical check as well - or both .
PES_B1 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 12:54 pm

Wouldnt be surprised at all if they do that. Seems highly possible. Their A359 products arent that aged and they could easily refurbish and use it for a few years with the new product
Old Aug 27, 2023, 3:17 am
formerly rt23456p

The 2013J are quite old already, and many would rather perfer the much more denser A350MH RJ.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 11:00 pm

Any update on whether this change is definite? It does seem reflected in the scheduling for flights I'm looking at in July 2024 but one odd thing I noticed is that Y and PE seem to cost the same on SQ34 but not on SQ32. I was thinking they might change my Economy saver seats to PE if they kept the ULR but seeing this original post makes me question whether that will happen. Any advice is appreciated.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PES_B1
The 2013J are quite old already, and many would rather perfer the much more denser A350MH RJ.
I don't know anyone that prefer the MH J product
Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by AndDee
I don't know anyone that prefer the MH J product
Looks like not many people commenting here had the questionable pleasure to fly J MH on overnight flights like HND-SIN, DXB-SIN, or SIN-SYD. No bedding, no overnight amenities, little space, horrible sleeping comfort.

While SQ ignores feedback on J MH, they will not change any longhaul flights like the ones to the US. I think they are aware that this would suicidal.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 8:08 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Acronyms. Am the only one who took a minute or two ( after quickly perusing the thread) to realise that posters were not actually comparing Singapore Airlines to Malaysia Airlines J product.? A slow morning, maybe I need to go back to bed and start my day again.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:45 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Acronyms. Am the only one who took a minute or two ( after quickly perusing the thread) to realise that posters were not actually comparing Singapore Airlines to Malaysia Airlines J product.? A slow morning, maybe I need to go back to bed and start my day again.
Same here initially, thought MH meant Malaysia Airlines J, haha. Then checking further up I finally realized we were talking about SQ Regional J (RJ) or I guess more frequently referred to as MH (Medium Haul). I guess I need to make my morning coffee stronger .

Having said that, I did have the "pleasure" to fly to FUK, to KIX on the SQ medium haul J on overnight flights as well as plenty of day flights (mainly KIX, FUK, DPS, etc ).

Interestingly for me, I find the seat "okay", not awesome and I would second some of the bedding and such shortcomings that SMK77 highlighted, but I can manage. I did find the seat "entrance" tight even for a normal build person and always lower one of the armrests (the wider one), but else the overall space works for me even at 1.8m height.

Sleeping comfort isn't brilliant, but I have some gripes with the 2013 J long haul seat as well and the 2017 J long haul on the A388 is very firm (sleeping surface wise).

What bugs me more on those Japan overnights is the short sleeping time even if I skip meal and all that as the cabin takes a while to calm down (even with earplugs in) and wakes up way too early for my taste to serve meals for folks who didn't eat at 2am. So sleep may only be 3-4hrs which is not great. Just a few weeks ago I took the morning SIN-KIX departure instead even if some of the day is wasted. Seat and meal timings and such work much better for me on the day flight. YMMV.

Back to the schedule changes topic then.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 10:41 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
I've done a few overnights in the SQ RJ seat, my most recent being SIN-NRT. To be honest, I prefer the SQ RJ to the 2017 J on the A380s for sleeping. I just find the 2017 J cushions way too firm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.