Search

SQ to BangkokAir luggage check through?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2023, 3:48 pm
S.R
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
SQ to BangkokAir luggage check through?

Mods, feel free to move to a more appropriate thread if one is already established.

Hi all,

Have 2 separate bookings, one on SQ, and another on PG, and wondering if SQ will check luggage through to PG on a separate ticket so I don't need to clear immigration etc and recheck in SIN.
Booking 1: EWR-SIN SQ J arriving 5pm
Booking 2: SIN-USM PG J departing 8pm

So would SQ check my luggage all the way through to USM at EWR? And does PG have a airside transfer desk to get BP from?
Or will I have to clear immigration and recheck in and check my bags with PG at SIN?

Last edited by S.R; Nov 28, 2023 at 3:54 pm
Old Nov 28, 2023, 8:13 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
If the agent is competent enough to do, should be possible as SQ do allow through checking of luggage on separate tickets and do have agreement with PG (indeed SQ codeshares on the PG service). Not sure if PG have a specific presence at the transfer desks, but may have a presence via a general agent at the transfer desk. They do have 8 codeshares on the flight from SIN-USM so probably do serve quite a few transiting passengers.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 5:49 am
S.R
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lokijuh
If the agent is competent enough to do, should be possible as SQ do allow through checking of luggage on separate tickets and do have agreement with PG (indeed SQ codeshares on the PG service). Not sure if PG have a specific presence at the transfer desks, but may have a presence via a general agent at the transfer desk. They do have 8 codeshares on the flight from SIN-USM so probably do serve quite a few transiting passengers.
Thanks
In the case that I am unable to have the luggage checked through, how arduous/time consuming is the process of clearing immigration and claiming my bags at SIN from SQ, then doing a landside transfer to T1 for PG? (I’m assuming my EWR-SIN flight will arrive at T3?)
I’ve only ever done airside connections or arrived at SIN as my end destination, so transiting land side is new to me. Hoping it’s somewhat straightforward and doable with only 3hrs between arrival and departure!
Old Nov 29, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Guidelines say that SQ can IATCI to PG on flights via SIN. If the check in agent at EWR says no, politely escalate it to the SQ duty officer. Do note that the connection isn't protected.
It's recomended to check at SIN transfer desk (if any) whether the baggage is transferred.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 4:48 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Unless things have changed in the last few months, there is no SQ employee @ EWR- all contracted out and fairly unhelpful IME. That said, no reason why they shouldn’t check the bags through.

couldn’t dig up the info on Changi’s website - but PG should have a transfer counter given the amount of connecting traffic they get- probably at Transfer C or D (the 2 ends of Terminal 1 that PG operates out of, towards terminals 3 & 2 respectively).

Time-wise, probably 40 mins, worst case. 30 for getting through and collecting bags + 10 for any needed inter-terminal transfers.

overall- think that the OP will be fine- perhaps drop an email to Changi to ask about the transfer desk (they’re reaponsive). Not sure if it happens now, or whether PG does, but SQ used to be able to pull bags from the belt and re-tag, for customers who got boarding passes at the transit desks and didn’t have bags checked through.
lokijuh likes this.

Last edited by jagmeets; Nov 29, 2023 at 4:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.