Search

Cancel Booking/Rebooking Issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2023, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Cancel Booking/Rebooking Issues

Hi everyone--

I cancelled two separate bookings: one for my wife, which was cash; the other was for me, which was an award booking.

For my award booking, I just cancelled an advantage flight to go from SYD>LAX. There was no problem with the miles getting redeposited into my account. However, I need to rebook at a SYD>SIN booking, and the website online simply refuses to process this transaction. I'm currently on hold.

Per my wife, the same booking of SYD>LAX was cancelled, but right after the cancellation supposedly went through, they're saying there's a problem with the refund and I can't get the info back on. Again, waiting on hold.

But in the meantime, does anyone know what's going on?
Old Feb 25, 2023, 9:38 am

Did you check the conditions of the refundability of the ticket? Also maybe the website had a glitch and you can pethaps fill out a Refund Form online with the Ticket# and forward it to Krisflyer to be processed manually. Another reason may be that your refund was selected for manual auditing and it will be processed. In any case it can take from a couple days to a couple of weeks. Depending on your status there may be a mileage redeposit fee around $200 so call over to Krisflyer to see about the issue.

May I ask you the reason for cancelling?.If its due to medical a note from a Doctor and Travel Insurance can help perhaps.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Originally Posted by danielonn
Did you check the conditions of the refundability of the ticket? Also maybe the website had a glitch and you can pethaps fill out a Refund Form online with the Ticket# and forward it to Krisflyer to be processed manually. Another reason may be that your refund was selected for manual auditing and it will be processed. In any case it can take from a couple days to a couple of weeks. Depending on your status there may be a mileage redeposit fee around $200 so call over to Krisflyer to see about the issue.

May I ask you the reason for cancelling?.If its due to medical a note from a Doctor and Travel Insurance can help perhaps.
Hey, thanks for replying. I appreciate it. To give an update, I got through to the call center and they were able to manually rebook my award booking. The re-deposit fee was around $75 USD. My wife and I had a few award bookings for the summer that we had to nix, so we're eating those fees unfortunately.

My wife still needs to call in and ask about the cash refund on her fare.

To answer your question, we cancelled because I was awarded a research grant (I'm an academic) I wasn't expecting to get, and instead of going back to the US directly from SIN and then going back to Europe later this summer [we booked award RT tickets from JFK>FRA, I need to be in Georgia and Armenia for the summer. So it's good news, but it does mean I need to eat the cancellation costs.

Late edit: My wife's cash ticket is definitely refundable--we just need to eat a fee on the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.