Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lap infant fee with award booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Lap infant fee with award booking

Does somebody know where I can find the terms regarding the lap infant fee with an award booking? I'm on hold right not but this agent is trying to tell me its a special fare not tied to the cabin class fare (and what he is quoting is 25% of the cash fare), but I have done this before and it was 10% of the cash fare. I had to spell lap infant for him and explain what it means, so my confidence that he is right is low.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Actually, doing some dummy bookings it looks like they have increase the lap infant far to something around 20% now. Wow.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
On wich route?

​​​​​Last year we did pay 10% of the lowest available business class fare for our lap infant. When I make a dummy booking this is still the case.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jongesander
On wich route?

​​​​​Last year we did pay 10% of the lowest available business class fare for our lap infant. When I make a dummy booking this is still the case.
JFK-FRA
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:06 pm

Usually, infant in lap is charged at 10% of the lowest avaialble commercial ADT fare. But for flights departing US like this example you provided of JFK-FRA, does not appear to be a flat 10%, but significantly higher. Not sure why.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:54 pm

SQ have imposed a US$250 surcharge for travel on fri/sat/sun. It was stated in the fare rules.

so this surcharge is applicable for infants as well.

base on above pricing , adult is $1774. Minus $250 = 1524.

infant fare = 152+250= 402

Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
SQ have imposed a US$250 surcharge for travel on fri/sat/sun. It was stated in the fare rules.

Thank you for that. I did ultimately pay it, but the phone rep and his supervisor both for some reason were not aware. The most they could muster is I also thought it should be 10% but this the price that's coming up I don't know why but I've triple checked it and I haven't done anything wrong.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g

Yes - exactly this. I had this recently on an ex-LHR flight and spent a long time trying to work it out and then eventually looked at the fare rules to see a similar GBP surcharge that was being 100% applied to an infant ticket. Only difference was that for ex-LHR, the surcharge was Sat/Sun, so I changed to a Friday flight to make it go away. Otherwise it would have doubled the cost of the infant ticket.
bent likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Thank you for that. I did ultimately pay it, but the phone rep and his supervisor both for some reason were not aware. The most they could muster is I also thought it should be 10% but this the price that's coming up I don't know why but I've triple checked it and I haven't done anything wrong.
the thing is, the phone reps just use the system to price it. So whatever the system quotes (which is what the website quotes) is what you will have to pay as a passenger traveling with infant. Too bad surcharges are not discounted for infants.
I don't think agents have so much time to dig through the fares rules one by one, though good to know the actual reason!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.