Wiki Posts
Search

Checked baggage on 34 hour stopover

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Checked baggage on 34 hour stopover

We have a 34 stopover on our way to DPS from LAX. Will our bags only be checked to SIN or will they be checked through? I am assuming I can ask them to be short checked in LAX?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:24 pm

They'll only be tagged to SIN. You can if you want to take some/all of them to check in upstairs at T3 as check in is allowed 48hrs before a flight
Old Oct 11, 2022, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

and disregard... finally got an acceptable answer from SQ.

Last edited by bsb7140; Oct 12, 2022 at 12:20 am
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Bags can be checked through for longer stop overs. I've had bags checked chc-sin-lhr with 33 hours.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QTFLYER
Bags can be checked through for longer stop overs. I've had bags checked chc-sin-lhr with 33 hours.
I do not want them checked through. I was told that since our layover is over 24 hours it’s not considered a transit so our bags will only be checked to SIN which is precisely what we want. Now, will that actually happen? We’ll find out next week.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
You can also ask at your departure airport check-in desks for them to only be checked to SIN on much shorter layovers or transits. These things are normally not a problem, provided that a) you have the legal documentation to go landside at SIN and b) your connection / transit time is reasonably long, however much that is, I would guess ≥4h.
kevino likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.