FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   What has changed? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/2083156-what-has-changed.html)

dave31 Jun 15, 2022 5:51 am

What has changed?

Perhaps more regular longhaul travellers in Business class than myself could point out things that are still missing from Singapore Airline flights as most of the world emerges from Covid. As far as I can make out the following are still missing.
1. No hot towel service
2. No onboard literature such as newspapers nor printed menus
3. Very hit or miss pre meal service drinks
4. No warm nuts with drinks
5. Compulsory wearing of face masks.

Is that all?

Singapore_Air Jun 15, 2022 7:41 am

Pre-departure drinks are available in Business Class on demand.

onlySIA Jun 15, 2022 7:54 am

Possibly also no chocolates after the meal.

roc83 Jun 15, 2022 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air (Post 34337914)

lol seems to be a trend at SQ that now pax have to ask for everything if they want it - similar like the amenity kit that they only give you if you ask…. (Ok the latter is an improvement as they didn’t give any in biz before)
so that’s definitely worse than pre-covid and purely cost saving as they used to offer pre flight drinks without asking

Wygun Jun 15, 2022 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air (Post 34337914)

Please tell me this is a joke XD

Has anyone figured-out which is the logic for pre-departure drinks on SiA nowadays? Any specific routes or reasoning behind it? :confused:

carrotjuice Jun 15, 2022 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by roc83 (Post 34338252)
lol seems to be a trend at SQ that now pax have to ask for everything if they want it - similar like the amenity kit that they only give you if you ask….

Indeed. When you have to ask, it's no longer classy...

carrotjuice Jun 15, 2022 2:56 pm

Add to the list,

Cheap hawker food as main meals.

Instant noodles as between meal snacks.

Singapore_Air Jun 15, 2022 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 34339278)
Cheap hawker food as main meals. // Instant noodles as between meal snacks.

On the hawker food, whilst I am not particularly a fan, this does seem very popular from my anecdotal review of Instagram posts. I would say that for Singaporeans this is a positive component of the experience.

As for instant noodles, I do admit to enjoying the tom yum noodles with the fresh prawns and vegetables on the longer flights like SINLHR.

Singapore_Air Jun 15, 2022 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Wygun (Post 34339019)
Has anyone figured-out which is the logic for pre-departure drinks on SiA nowadays? Any specific routes or reasoning behind it? :confused:

From what I have gathered, it is not for lack of trying on the part of management. However, there are other stakeholders that are more reluctant / deluded / clinging on to an excuse of COVID-theatre.

Not ideal but I would suggest to complain about this formally (I have been doing so for many months now) and hopefully management can use the volume of feedback to make a robust case for getting back to normality in this regard.

Armchair Flyer Jun 15, 2022 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 34339272)
Indeed. When you have to ask, it's no longer classy...

Absolutely. There is nothing worse than “Don’t ask, don’t get” when it is all part of the package. It is wilfully turning your back on the customer.

AF

class95fm Jun 15, 2022 8:07 pm

SQ really has no excuse when offerings on ME carriers is almost back to pre-covid levels.. and they bumped up their CSO numbers, but from experience they seem new and clueless.. every question needs a few minutes to check...

Andrew35K Jun 17, 2022 1:01 pm

My guess is something related to “fewer touch points” which wouldn’t have been strange had it been June 2020.

carrotjuice Jun 17, 2022 5:58 pm

Not just SQ. But most restaurants in Singapore have implemented QR code ordering. I really feel for the older generation who aren’t savvy with their mobile phones, much lest technology in general - who often have to struggle with something as basic as viewing a menu.

Slightly OT, but an irony. If you go to opticians, you can freely try on spectacles - never once have I seen the shops disinfect it between tries. Likewise at clothing stores, you can try on clothing freely and they swiftly go back to the rack.

So, in essence, the absence of physical menus onboard is about cost cutting above all else - not touch points reduction.

FlyerEC Jun 17, 2022 6:18 pm

No more birthday upgrades ?
Besides the flights have been at capacity too , so not possible anyway .
Wonder if a cake can still be requested , will check ..

carrotjuice Jun 17, 2022 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC (Post 34345934)
Wonder if a cake can still be requested , will check ..

This is definitely still possible, the last time I did this for a family member was March 2022.