Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What has changed?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by sl00001
1 Sep pre-departure drinks will be reinstated
Will be flying Aug-30 in J.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by SpeedAdvantage
it’s one drink, you’ll be fine
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Rumples
it’s one drink, you’ll be fine
Also you can always request and be served, if a pre departure drink is that important to you.
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:48 pm

Do use the call button and ask for a pre-departure drink explicitly.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Also you can always request and be served, if a pre departure drink is that important to you.
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Do use the call button and ask for a pre-departure drink explicitly.
Will try and report back. Flight is in 7 hrs.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Yea- you can always request one, quite like asking for slippers or a basic amenity kit. It does make for a VERY classy experience though- like, you know, Jetstar or Scoot.

Now- can I also finally request a hot towel? I remember that in the old days, Singapore Airlines had the reputation of being one of the better airlines out there. Cough cough.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin
Now- can I also finally request a hot towel? I remember that in the old days, Singapore Airlines had the reputation of being one of the better airlines out there. Cough cough.
No you can't. I believe this CAAS requirement (cf. pg. 16) is still in force.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by RayG
No you can't. I believe this CAAS requirement (cf. pg. 16) is still in force.
Thought so. Too bad a customer who pays top $$$ doesn't care about some long overdue requirement by some local agency but rather compares what he gets with competitor airlines and I dare to say that hot towels have been back in the air for quite some time now. Even Fiji Airlines had hot towels available in April already so maybe someone asleep at the wheel over in Singapore needs to wake up
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Yea- you can always request one, quite like asking for slippers or a basic amenity kit. It does make for a VERY classy experience though- like, you know, Jetstar or Scoot.

I think SQ is trying at least with their regular customers. For me, I know the crew has access to my preferences. Quite often the slippers (and the correct size) are on my seat upon boarding as was the case last week on LHR-SIN...or one of the crew will come up after I board and without me saying anything will tell me they will bring the slippers shortly as was the case earlier in the month. That's pretty good service. Amenity kits have never really been an SQ 'thing' but I understand why less frequent customers might expect one based on the SOPs of other airlines.

SQ also seems to be trying with event invitations too .
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Thought so. Too bad a customer who pays top $$$ doesn't care about some long overdue requirement by some local agency but rather compares what he gets with competitor airlines and I dare to say that hot towels have been back in the air for quite some time now. Even Fiji Airlines had hot towels available in April already so maybe someone asleep at the wheel over in Singapore needs to wake up
I hear you but at least the gahmen does not force people to wear FFP2 over the winter like some other gahmens (judging by the second part of your handle I am sure you are familiar with this — please forgive me this instance of “whataboutism”). Not excusing anything just presenting the evidence. Don’t shoot the messenger, lah.

At some point I just pick whatever bugs me least

Originally Posted by bpk6h
I think SQ is trying at least with their regular customers. For me, I know the crew has access to my preferences. Quite often the slippers (and the correct size) are on my seat upon boarding as was the case last week on LHR-SIN...or one of the crew will come up after I board and without me saying anything will tell me they will bring the slippers shortly as was the case earlier in the month. That's pretty good service. Amenity kits have never really been an SQ 'thing' but I understand why less frequent customers might expect one based on the SOPs of other airlines.

SQ also seems to be trying with event invitations too .
Yes, something like that, can‘t fault them on this front They / management have been pretty candid in that they have not been happy and are trying to get back to previous service levels.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:30 pm

I hear you but at least the gahmen does not force people to wear FFP2 over the winter like some other gahmens (.
Oh I know and I understand that much of it is not even necessarily the airlines fault. For me its rather that SQ has always had a special place in my heart, I used to live in Singapore as a kid and again later as a uni student and hadn't used them since some time before Covid. And my first experiences back in June were unfortunately way less stellar than I remember them in J and that's a real pity in my eyes. I'd love them to be the "best airline in the world" again but that requires a bit more than having to ask for every single thing. I hear that pre departure drinks are back this week (and yes, you can ask but really?)- I'll be heading to Thailand on SQ next week so I'll be excitedly observing if things have changed since two months ago. I'm also on the A380 out of Sydney this time which I believe is vastly superior to the A350 I was downgraded to last time so let's see.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:00 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Reading this thread is an eye opener. Having just flown a number of EF K sectors and QR sectors, including their medium haul J and Q Suite sectors, they all had pre departure beverages, hot towels and QR had pre ordering for all flights including Lobster Thermidor.

I hope SQ goes back to full service before my Suites flight early next year!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Reading this thread is an eye opener. Having just flown a number of EF K sectors and QR sectors, including their medium haul J and Q Suite sectors, they all had pre departure beverages, hot towels and QR had pre ordering for all flights including Lobster Thermidor.
This is the issue here and most pax won't really give a ... whether this is due to some government regulation or union stuff and rather expect the usual "post Covid" money pinching that is all too common in this industry and many others. I'll have SQ J followed by both QR and later on EK coming up over the next few weeks so I will report back but something tells me that you are spot on!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:09 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
This is the issue here and most pax won't really give a ... whether this is due to some government regulation or union stuff and rather expect the usual "post Covid" money pinching that is all too common in this industry and many others. I'll have SQ J followed by both QR and later on EK coming up over the next few weeks so I will report back but something tells me that you are spot on!
EK even soft launched unlimited Caviar (who is really going to order more than one other than an annoying blogger to make a YouTube video about it) and the Movie Snack menu including popcorn, Sliders and Lobster rolls which go live on all flights shortly.
Rumples and frutabell like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:41 am

They / management have been pretty candid in that they have not been happy and are trying to get back to previous service levels.
One more point and apologies if I've I've posted this somewhere else already but it really drives it home: No government agency/ union/ leftover Covid regulation would have forced Singapore Airlines to offer this dismal state of affairs as a cheese platter on my recent flight:

Yes- this is indeed Singapore Airlines. And someone there seems to find this adequate on a 8 hour flight- I am not kidding. It tasted as bad as it looks- as if someone ran over to Coles or Woolies before the flight to 'source some cheese and crackers'.

Even Qantas does way better than this and that says a lot. I think even the most SQ loving fanboy will admit that this is not good enough. And what for? Enduring brand damage for saving maybe $2 or $3 on every second or third business class passenger? Really? It boggles my mind.
LadyKilljoy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.