Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Can get a redemption ticket to Male,but total lack of return redemption tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,
Am trying to book a Business class return for 2 from Manila to Maldives for October. Plenty of redemption seats flying TO Male, but none in any class out of Male. Not just nothing that week I prefer, but any week from May to November. Any thoughts why there are NO return seats available for KrisFlyer redemption?
Thank you for any help.
Regards
Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:34 pm

Because SQ block all award seat to Manila.

if I am not wrong, Manila still impose arrival quota on passenger flights. Until this is removed, SQ wont release any redemption seat to Manila.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Oh I see, thank you for your insight. I can get tickets TO Male, just no return. I can waitlist Singapore to Male return in Business and then see if I am successful, before getting tickets separately Manila to SG return in any class.
I have credits to use before end October in Maldives, hence the time restraints.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by holoski
Oh I see, thank you for your insight. I can get tickets TO Male, just no return. I can waitlist Singapore to Male return in Business and then see if I am successful, before getting tickets separately Manila to SG return in any class.
I have credits to use before end October in Maldives, hence the time restraints.

Thanks again.
I don't think that workaround will be viable unless policy changes. Transiting through SG must be on one ticket so two separate tickets will not solve the problem. The SQ booking system for all its faults does generally account for Covid travel rules. Note that you can't buy Male to Manila via SG for cash either.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Ah, thank you. Seems like it will be hard to use my Singapore Air miles for this as well, taking all the credits etc when Covid hit cancelling plans, seemed a good thing until you try and use them! haha
Time to research KL or some other hub then!

Thank you also.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold
Why dont you simply fly SQ there and another airline / alliance on the way back? I.e. book two one-ways.
renila likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Why dont you simply fly SQ there and another airline / alliance on the way back? I.e. book two one-ways.
Yeah it's almost always better to book awards as one-ways anyway so you can change one without having to change the other.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
There is only SQ from Star Alliance flying to MLE from SIN. TG does not fly to MLE either. No direct flights from MNL to MLE.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by Davvidd
There is only SQ from Star Alliance flying to MLE from SIN. TG does not fly to MLE either. No direct flights from MNL to MLE.
OP has not stated that they are limited to Star Alliance.

In fact, they said themselves in their last post: "Time to research KL or some other hub then!". KL - which I assume refers to Kuala Lumpur rather than KLM the airline - is the hub for MH, who are in Oneworld, not Star Alliance. So it appears that OP has options.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
KL, Kuala Lumpur. Malaysian(MH) does not fly to MLE. The only option from East Asia is either SQ or UL via CMB. Air Asia may start direct from DMK in the second part of February. Air Asia used to have flights from KL but not anymore.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by bpk6h
I don't think that workaround will be viable unless policy changes. Transiting through SG must be on one ticket so two separate tickets will not solve the problem. The SQ booking system for all its faults does generally account for Covid travel rules. Note that you can't buy Male to Manila via SG for cash either.
The Philippines is opening up to foreign toursists starting next week and capacity restrictions have been eliminated. Why hasn't SG opened up booking for flights for cash when they clearly have flights going there?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

I agree, I hope with the Philippines now opening, more flights will be available and easier to book redemption seats, so, I will wait a month and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help everyone
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:19 am

SQ have released a lot of rewards seats to MNL.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
SQ have released a lot of rewards seats to MNL.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.