Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bgriff
2005 - 2019 discussion can be found at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/493018-book-cook-thread-47.html

Menus can be viewed at https://inflightmenu.singaporeair.com/home
Print Wikipost

Book the cook 2020 onward

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
Please do share her experience. Pictures are not required if it's gauche to take one in the cabin.
Is it ever gauche to take pictures in an Asian airline?

As an aside to BTC choices, anyone think that lobster thermidor aside, Emirates Business Class is beating Singapore Airlines Business Class in terms of wine selection?
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:29 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MajulahMadooba
Is it ever gauche to take pictures in an Asian airline?

As an aside to BTC choices, anyone think that lobster thermidor aside, Emirates Business Class is beating Singapore Airlines Business Class in terms of wine selection?
Wine, champagne and spirits on EK in Biz and First are definitely superior to SQ and many other carriers, IMHO.
Singapore_Air and frutabell like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:42 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Certainly not hard to beat SQ J wines!
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:47 am
THR

Originally Posted by demue
Wine, champagne and spirits on EK in Biz and First are definitely superior to SQ and many other carriers, IMHO.
That has always been a known strength of EK.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 1:33 am

Anyone have a clue when with BTC resume from PEK and PVG?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I am flying SIN-CGK in F in a few months and it seems like every possible option is available for BTC! I’ve selected the lobster thermidor for now but what do people think is the best option offered out of SIN? I recall having the lobster Thermidor years ago on LHR-SIN in F.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 8:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
I am flying SIN-CGK in F in a few months and it seems like every possible option is available for BTC! I’ve selected the lobster thermidor for now but what do people think is the best option offered out of SIN? I recall having the lobster Thermidor years ago on LHR-SIN in F.
I flew the SIN-CGK route and picked the Lobster Thermidor option.

All the food came in one tray (see below) and the Lobster was good.

Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:24 am

Programs: Airpoints
The duck confit is okay, but a few things to mention. Meat is soft, forget it having anything that even remotely resembles crispy skin and it has always been on the quite salty side. Apart from that it's not terrible though nowhere near what a half decent French restaurant would serve .
I flew back today and had the duck confit booked for breakfast (would have been served around lunch time destination time) but I never had it because there was duck confit served in TPR's lunch menu (30 Mar 2024). I felt bad not having it and I hope it doesn't go to waste. I was just not hungry enough for duck.

Originally Posted by germatory

TPR had it for dinner 30 Mar 2024, again I was too full to take advantage of it. If I had planned by 17 h layover better in SIN then I definitely would have had it.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 2:38 am
THR

It will either go to waste or be a crew meal but what else do you expect to happen to it?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:43 am

Programs: JMB Sapphire, OneWorld Sapphire
Anyone tried Suzuki Teriyaki ex-SIN?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold

That looks great, thank you for the picture! The garlic bread is of course always a welcome sight too!
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:24 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
What is to the left of the garlic bread?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 5:23 pm

might aswell quote the whole picture one more time
hockeystl likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by snic
What is to the left of the garlic bread?
Lavosh.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:58 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
And for the regular inflight menus, why they need to serve grilled chicken thigh in Biz on a longhaul also beats me or maybe that's a "hidden hawker dish" as well aka chicken chop .
​​​​
I find the inflight menus have become really uninspiring. In the quest to Singapore-ize, they're really forgetting a lot that many of their customers are not actually Singaporean.

The appetizers are almost always seafood. Yes I get it , culturally there is an affinity for Singaporeans and Chinese with seafood, but not everyone goes goo-goo gaa gaa over seafood. The appetizers (which unlike many carriers are restricted to just one) are almost always seafood - although I know you can book seafood free, but that means you don't get to BTC.

Also I'm not a fan of fish or seafood and I detest mushrooms. On my upcoming flight to CDG, both meals have fish based appetisers and in the lunch choice, one fish, one seafood and one beef served with mushrooms - leaving the Indian selection as option 4 (which probably, too me who is not Indian, sounds the best of them). Thank god for BTC.

Also disappointed no more Bak-Kut-Teh on the BTC menu. It really made for a pleasant lighter second meal on the day time flights to Europe, not too heavy and perfect for a meal served 10 hrs into the flight.

Aaah, first world problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.