Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bgriff
2005 - 2019 discussion can be found at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/493018-book-cook-thread-47.html

Menus can be viewed at https://inflightmenu.singaporeair.com/home
Print Wikipost

Book the cook 2020 onward

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:27 pm

I booked a PE and J seat for Feb back in late November. When I looked again today there were newer/more choices from the original selection a few months ago.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by lax01
This is why I read FlyersTalk...hadn't seen the option for our May flight but I noticed I have the option to make a selection now. Is there a way to customize the Book the Cook selection (i.e.: sauce on the side)?
Tell them when you board - the fa will notify the person who does the heating/plating.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by estnet
Tell them when you board - the fa will notify the person who does the heating/plating.
Appreciate it! Now I'm wondering if I should actually get the burger haha
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I have a flight mid-Feb, and when I tried to BTC the website said I had to wait until Jan 30.
Is the far-ahead booking new?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 4:52 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lax01
Appreciate it! Now I'm wondering if I should actually get the burger haha
Haven't had it myself, but friends found it rather dry. Definitely a case of YMMV.
lax01 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 8:13 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Please forgive me for asking another one of those seemingly easy BtC-questions, but I get increasingly frustrated with SQ.

Have an LX-ticket from ZRH with destination down under via SIN, with the ZRH-SIN segment on LX and the onward long-haul on SQ in F. The "book the cook" website allows me to select supper and breakfast, but when I try to save it, it tells me that there was an error and I should call SQ. When I called SQ in Europe, they were pretty clueless, but finally promised to add the two meals I had selected to my booking. A few hours later, I just got a message saying that they booked the meal I requested as breakfast as supper and that it is impossible to select more than one meal per flight, so the meal I selected for supper disappeared. Done the combination LX&SQ to down under in F/Suites many times before and it was always an issue to book the cook, but this time it seems to be even more frustrating than usual. Is it really true that I can only select supper, although the book the cook website offers to select supper and breakfast?

Thanks, your help is appreciated.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm not sure how we can help if the saving of the BTC selections errors out, but you could try to call the Singapore number during day time here and keep fingers crossed for a better agent though no guarantees, especially if you are not Krisflyer member (the routing to various contact centers is driven by KF vs. non-KF amongst other criteria).

As to the two meals vs. one info from the European SQ agents, that is just a bunch of nonsense. I'm not aware of any such restrictions if the flight offers two meals, you can BTC both though choices between supper and breakfast will differ of course. Hope you can get it sorted.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 1:49 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by demue
I'm not sure how we can help if the saving of the BTC selections errors out, but you could try to call the Singapore number during day time here and keep fingers crossed for a better agent though no guarantees, especially if you are not Krisflyer member (the routing to various contact centers is driven by KF vs. non-KF amongst other criteria).

As to the two meals vs. one info from the European SQ agents, that is just a bunch of nonsense. I'm not aware of any such restrictions if the flight offers two meals, you can BTC both though choices between supper and breakfast will differ of course. Hope you can get it sorted.
Thanks a lot for your help. I am *Gold, but with LH and not SQ, i.e. don’t have a number I can punch in at the beginning of the call.

Found it odd that the online system allows BtC for both meals (supper and breakfast) and the agent wrote that only one meal can be reserved per flight. Thanks for the confirmation that this is nonsense, just like so many other things I was told on the phone. Wished the online system worked, so that I wouldn’t have waste the time of the agents and mine just to select a meal.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 6:55 pm
pmv

Any recent reviews on JFK-FRA suites options? Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
EDIT: See this question was asked and answered a dozen posts ago. Thanks mods for moving the post, not sure why I could not find this thread when I posted in the wrong thread.

Hopefully not to far off topic.

TPAC flight out of LAX and I will be very sleepy by "Supper". Is the "Ala carte" selection just whenever I want it overnight? Ask the FA when I wake up?

BTW, what happened to the general book-the-cook thread? If mods want to move this post to that, I am all for it.

Sorry for the amateur questions :-)

Last edited by exwannabe; Feb 11, 2023 at 4:09 pm Reason: Moved query to general thread
Old Feb 10, 2023, 3:36 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The Refreshment on my upcoming SYD-SIN F flight is either a Ham and Cheese Toasted Sandwich or a Fish Congee. Am I correct that I can order a Halal Refreshment by selecting Special Meals via BTC, but keep the Matt Moran Beef Short Rib off the main menu as they are selected separately?

Sad to see no Satay on the menu, but remember that are in the SYD KF F Lounge.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe
EDIT: See this question was asked and answered a dozen posts ago. Thanks mods for moving the post, not sure why I could not find this thread when I posted in the wrong thread.

Hopefully not to far off topic.

TPAC flight out of LAX and I will be very sleepy by "Supper". Is the "Ala carte" selection just whenever I want it overnight? Ask the FA when I wake up?

BTW, what happened to the general book-the-cook thread? If mods want to move this post to that, I am all for it.

Sorry for the amateur questions :-)
You can ask them to delay whichever meals you want and ask them to serve whatever whenever you want including the main and the ala carte.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone have any dishes to recommend for BTC ex LA?
lax01 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Lonsinla
Does anyone have any dishes to recommend for BTC ex LA?
Had the Seafood Congee with Chinese Cruller via BTC ex LA in Dec 2022 and absolutely loved it.
Light but still tasty and not fishy at all. Had it for the second meal and kinda wished I had chosen it for both meals.
Lonsinla likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 5:35 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AppleLemonLime
Had the Seafood Congee with Chinese Cruller via BTC ex LA in Dec 2022 and absolutely loved it.
Light but still tasty and not fishy at all. Had it for the second meal and kinda wished I had chosen it for both meals.
Thanks. Will order that for breakfast and try the yuzu salmon for dinner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.