Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Might as Well Give Up if you Can't obtain SMART card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2021, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: krisflyer, delta, united

Vaccinated in NY, NJ, CA, and select states? Good on you. Me, living in the interior of the country, can't get a SMART health card to save my life to see family after 20+ months. I have the digital version of my covid vaccintion from my state, wrote to the clowns in the STO, a week ago, no response. Oh well, might as well give up, that's it
Old Dec 1, 2021, 12:14 am

The government is aware, it was reported in local press.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sing...h-card-2306361

And as a result the government is now accepting other digital vaccination records issued in US.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sing...s-caas-2311546
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by anywherebutamerica
Vaccinated in NY, NJ, CA, and select states? Good on you. Me, living in the interior of the country, can't get a SMART health card to save my life to see family after 20+ months. I have the digital version of my covid vaccintion from my state, wrote to the clowns in the STO, a week ago, no response. Oh well, might as well give up, that's it
1. I understand VaccineCheck works now, although you will have to fork out $25 for one year subscription
Travel Petition - VaccineCheck.us
2. There are also some other MyChart enabled Hospitals/ PHCs which can convert paper CDC certificates into digital ones
3. Singapore has also relaxed rules about what they will accept now instead of SHCs

So don’t despair there might be a way out for you
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:05 am

Like what other says, you can fly via non-VTL route. With 7 days SHN at home. Basically you can enjoy the company of your family member in these 7 days.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think I've seen the same complaint by the same member posted in about four or five different threads now. Keep complaining if it makes you feel better, but there are options if it's really that important to you.
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Like what other says, you can fly via non-VTL route. With 7 days SHN at home. Basically you can enjoy the company of your family member in these 7 days.
Yup that's one. Another would be a quick trip to NY or CA or one of the other states for a single shot of J&J. As I responded in a different thread recently, you can get a walk up J&J shot at SFO.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:58 pm

A possible, free workaround is signing up as a new patient at an institution that does provide the SMART cards and getting a MyChart account from them (https://vci.org/issuers). Upload your vaccine information (some can pull from state databases) and it will generate the QR code for you, then cancel the appointment.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Spare a though for the SQ cabin crew member I chatted with on a recent flight...she's from an ASEAN country and hasn't been able to see her family either for 20+ months as she feared not being able to return to SG as a 'lowly' S-Pass holder. She just might be attending to you when you finally make that flight to SG.

Last edited by bpk6h; Dec 1, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hilhcl
A possible, free workaround is signing up as a new patient at an institution that does provide the SMART cards and getting a MyChart account from them (https://vci.org/issuers). Upload your vaccine information (some can pull from state databases) and it will generate the QR code for you, then cancel the appointment.
I tried doing this, received an error message saying "Your COVID vaccination record is incomplete, please reach out to your provider for more details". I think what this really means is they don't want to issue SMART cards to people who aren't already their patients. That means I'm screwed and can't obtain the SMART card, can't visit family in SG. Oh well, should've rubbed the crystal ball and got vaccinated at Walmart back in April 2021 right?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:21 pm

Did you book an actual appointment? I had the same issue until I scheduled myself for an appointment and suddenly the QR codes were there. I wonder if there was an influx of Singaporeans gaming the system since VTL was announced. Just remember to cancel the appointment once you download your SMART card!

You could also have chosen the "correct" state to live in I literally ran a mass vaccination site but since it's in MA, no automatic SMART card for me.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:15 pm

I was vaxxed at CVS. IIRC, CVS's vax certificate qualifies as a SMART health card. Maybe inquire with whoever gave you the vaccine?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
1. I understand VaccineCheck works now, although you will have to fork out $25 for one year subscription
Travel Petition - VaccineCheck.us
It's now $50 now

I tried MyChart at two medical providers (used them 3+ years ago but not recently)

One accepted my records Into the system (MyChart shows my two vaccines), but no place to generate qr code
the other, still stuck waiting for them to accept my records (message unread for 3+ weeks)

First one is listed on common pass website , second isn't
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
It's now $50 now
First one is listed on common pass website , second isn't
I really do think it's based on whether you are an "active" patient or not. Try booking an appointment and seeing if that will help with the first site - I had to book an appointment before it generated the QR code for me. Don't bother trying with the second site that's not listed. My usual PCP has MyChart but isn't on the list, so no matter what I did I couldn't get a QR code.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stupidhead
I was vaxxed at CVS. IIRC, CVS's vax certificate qualifies as a SMART health card. Maybe inquire with whoever gave you the vaccine?
Vaccinated at a pharmacy that can't issue SMART cards now it's Christmas alone and can't visit family in SG
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by hilhcl
I really do think it's based on whether you are an "active" patient or not. Try booking an appointment and seeing if that will help with the first site - I had to book an appointment before it generated the QR code for me. Don't bother trying with the second site that's not listed. My usual PCP has MyChart but isn't on the list, so no matter what I did I couldn't get a QR code.
Actually just checked again, qr code showed up now (didn't make appt)

There wasn't a code when they added it to MyChart, and not there after 2 and 3 weeks , so something else changed.

i already had a SHC compatible qr code, so was just curious. Now I have two codes (they are signed differently and are different codes), too bad can't give one to you

I see more MyChart providers getting added to SHC list, so maybe just get the ball rolling on your unsupported mychart provider for now (if you haven't)

Last edited by paperwastage; Dec 8, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:31 pm

Vaccinated at a pharmacy that can't issue SMART cards now it's Christmas alone and can't visit family in SG
Tbh, I'd just pay for vaccine check and see if they truly ironed the details out.

It's $50 (on top of the expensive flights in December, PCR test, 7 day antigen after arrival)
And hope vaccine check's code doesn't get denied (some people got vaccine check qr codes that scanned properly at that time, but not after Oct 28)

Im curious how they are signing it now

Flights are much cheaper after mid Jan (700+ on United's Vtl)

Or https://www.reddit.com/r/smarthealth...omments/quhod4

Last edited by paperwastage; Dec 8, 2021 at 10:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.