Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2024, 5:57 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Accor Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold, Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum
Visited the T3 SKL for the first time before my flight home to Sydney earlier this month and I have to say, not sure if my expectations were set too high or what because I was underwhelmed!
  • The two young guys at the bar seemed to be on their first shift and were basically training one another whilst making a mess. I saw them present a very foamy Singapore Sling to one guest and my SilverKris Sling was not much better.
  • Quality of the food was poor with lots of empty bain-maries, overcooked food, naan as hard as a rock.
  • A higher-than-normal number of staff were coughing and sniffling behind their masks, it felt like there must have been a recent/current outbreak of something amongst the staff.
  • Lounge was super busy, although from what I understand I wasn't even there at rush hour.
And as HadesNL pointed out in the below comment there doesn't seem to be such a thing as chilled drinks here, everything in the fridge was at room temperature! I very much agree with AndDee's suggestion that they should be kept refrigerated out back to avoid these issues.

Originally Posted by HadesNL
The sheer miasma of the state of flux of passengers enjoying the maelstrom of the SKL causes such a high turnover of chilled drinks
(+ some inconsiderate bozos don't properly close the fridge doors)
that the Coke Zero never even gets the chance to be chilled
All admittedly first world problems and features such as a cocktail bar are somewhat unique in the first place but still, I was expecting more. It feels like they have prioritised the hard product over soft product.
whughes3 and HadesNL like this.

Last edited by The-Aviator; Apr 9, 2024 at 5:57 am Reason: spacing
Old Apr 18, 2024, 9:49 pm

Hi, as it'll be my first time visiting SKL, would like to know if the lounge allows multiple entries i.e., entering and exiting multiple times within the 24 hours from departure? TIA
Old Apr 18, 2024, 9:52 pm

Yes, you can enter/exit as much as you'd like, and also visit both the one in T2 and the one in T3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.