Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Seats

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by fly747first
Tough times now and I doubt SQ even knows what equipment it will fly with certainty in early 2021
I was wondering if someone has made an observation of how far in advance SQ is rolling out their intended flight schedules.... 3 months, 6 months?? I realize it is a fluid situation regardless, but I am trying to build an intinerary for Nov 2021 to SE Asia, and wondering when I should start looking at availabilty with some degree of reliability that I will get what I book.... hoping to book F but expect it will be J due to type of aircraft being deployed .. and most likely a rev tkt and not an award redemption
Old Dec 14, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, EBB
From what I can see when I try with some dummy bookings of redemptions flights on SQ's homepage is that the have opened up for bookings in F from Europe to SIN from Nov 1.st 2021.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 3:36 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
I can also see some availability towards the tail end of 2021 in F and Suites too
Old Dec 17, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
True, you can definitely book some seats towards end of 2021 on certain routes. Just be mentally prepared that you may get downgraded to Biz if things don't work out.

I was also looking at F (on the supposed 77W flight) to FRA, but in the end went with Biz just to be on the safer side. As long as we can travel again safely by Aug / Sep 2021, I'll be super elated already.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by henrikl
From what I can see when I try with some dummy bookings of redemptions flights on SQ's homepage is that the have opened up for bookings in F from Europe to SIN from Nov 1.st 2021.
Thanks.... Since my trip would be in mid Nov, maybe I have a shot at F...albeit only half way since I would likely be doing FRA-SIN for the last leg.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:09 pm

Anyone seeing SQ F availability through AC Aeroplan?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mileageking
You seem to be looking for one heck of a Christmas present . You can barely see availability through KF. LH M&M Shows Zero as well so far, even for Biz and they usually have better access than other *A FFP.

A friend did some random checks with his AC account in Nov 2021 and came up blank so far. Maybe you will be luckier. YMMV.
mileageking likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by demue
You seem to be looking for one heck of a Christmas present .
Agree .. Few years back when they opened up, I was able to grab a few. I also tried everyday in Nov & beginning Dec on multiple Europe-SIN and return routes with no luck. Oh well. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:46 pm
HB7
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mileageking
I don't think SQ release any F/Suite award seats to any programs apart from KF.
mileageking likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by HB7
I don't think SQ release any F/Suite award seats to any programs apart from KF.
occasionally, SQ makes mistakes.

I have flown A380 Suite class with lifemiles redemption.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Hmm, doesn't look good. My next Suites flights are in May and July 21. If SQ opened F for November only - looks like there are very slim chances for my dates.

SQ really starts to annoy me. Tempted to refund.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Dec 29, 2020, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
Hmm, doesn't look good. My next Suites flights are in May and July 21. If SQ opened F for November only - looks like there are very slim chances for my dates.

SQ really starts to annoy me. Tempted to refund.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Chances are extremely slim to be honest. Of course, asking today they will say they don't know and wait and see, but for all intents that I have heard SQ is not planning to operate F before Winter schedule 2021. Even that date could get pushed out further depending on Covid-19 developments.

Even if flying & travel is back and more easily accomplished then, demand is the other factor. YMMV.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by demue
Chances are extremely slim to be honest. Of course, asking today they will say they don't know and wait and see, but for all intents that I have heard SQ is not planning to operate F before Winter schedule 2021. Even that date could get pushed out further depending on Covid-19 developments.

Even if flying & travel is back and more easily accomplished then, demand is the other factor. YMMV.
Yes, I see it the same. Will probably refund May and wait for July one. But not making any hotel booking or other plans for those dates, as probably will end up refunding as well if SQ doesn't get their game together.

SQ's way to manage this is a huge letdown. LX and EK are flying F in all of their networks, with minimal changes to the service. I was always an SQ fan, but taking F out without even a firm date for the return is just too much.

I'm gladly giving my money to LX & EK instead. And once SQ will finally feel like it, my interest will be long gone.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Jan 11, 2021, 10:31 pm

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
SQ's way to manage this is a huge letdown. LX and EK are flying F in all of their networks, with minimal changes to the service. I was always an SQ fan, but taking F out without even a firm date for the return is just too much.

I'm gladly giving my money to LX & EK instead. And once SQ will finally feel like it, my interest will be long gone.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Not sure where in the world you are flying and I do not care how much attention you pay to the current pandemic but much of Asia and Oceania is in lock down. Any flights are limited and airlines like SQ and CX continue to hemorrhage money with the majority of their fleet in mothballs. SQ have limited passenger flights (but more for cargo) and, as an Australian, for instance, I cannot leave the country, even if I wanted to without an exemption. SQ flights are reduced to 7 or so a day SIN-AUS down from about 140 a week in 2019. Most of those have only 15% pax load due to restrictions transiting in SIN and quarantine on arrival in AUS. So SQ will operate B787 or A350 series on these routes - and almost over their entire network so there are zero F seats available.

They are even operating A359 on their two remaining LHR flights a day so, again no F to sell. I agree that the earliest we might see some B777 (with 4 F seats) returning is Winter 2021 but any redemption availability will be a year or more away and then only to their premium SQ customers. I would stop looking for *A redemptions in an F cabin for more than a year, if ever. All their 380 fleet is grounded.

Not ideal, I'd just like to get on a plane again. But not to Europe or the US, thank you.
lokijuh, HB7 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 2:40 am
HB7
Original Poster

I don't see SQ operating a First class cabin this year. If we are lucky, we may get some 77Ws with First class in 2022.

If the A380's ever come back, and that is a huge IF, it'll be very late 2022/early 2023 at best. My opinion is that they won't be back at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.