Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

A380 Suite back by mid-July 2021? (LHR-SIN / SIN-SYD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2020, 6:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

I'm booking some flights and I am wondering if we could be reasonably sure that A380 Suite will be back by mid-July 2021 according to SQ's plans?
I just don't want to faff around with refunds etc. if I book the Suite now and I have to downgrade to Business.

I'm wondering if it would be better if I just book Business Flex and then once they are definitely operating the A380 Suite to change to that?
The routing in question is LHR-SIN-SYD.

On a related note, have SQ fitted (or planning to fit) the new Suite to most of their A380 that they are planning to bring back into operation?
Old Aug 20, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Your guess is as good as anyone's. About literally all of your questions. Considering that most airlines don't know where they'll be flying in 2 months, asking for any long-term plans is quite pointless.
lokijuh and eponymous_coward like this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:22 pm

Programs: Alaska
SQ has not made plans for next July. So any confirmaton at least til end of current financial year(Mar 2021).
Old Aug 21, 2020, 1:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
On a related note, have SQ fitted (or planning to fit) the new Suite to most of their A380 that they are planning to bring back into operation?
You might as well be asking for lotto numbers

I think it's fairly likely (but your guess is as good as mine) that even in mid-2021, passenger volumes are going to be a fraction of what they used to be ... which would therefore mean that SQ and other airlines would likely keep their A380's in long term storage for a bit longer. (Qantas predicts that int'l travel won't even resume until July).
Old Aug 21, 2020, 2:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Thanks all. I think I'll just book flex J and then pay to upgrade if they do bring them back. It's easier than arguing over downgrade etc.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Thanks all. I think I'll just book flex J and then pay to upgrade if they do bring them back. It's easier than arguing over downgrade etc.
J Flex would be my recommendation as well. Too many uncertainties with F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.