Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

When will Silk Air be fully integrated into SQ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver

When will Silk Air be fully integrated into SQ with new cabins, SQ F/As, SQ livery...?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
The new cabins will be fitted starting 2020.

"The merger will take place only after a sufficient number of aircraft have been fitted with the new cabin products. Specific details will be announced progressively as the programme develops and timelines are finalised."

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s.../ne1718-180518
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
One suspects the 737 Max debacle has affected these plans, although not clear how at the moment.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by lokijuh
One suspects the 737 Max debacle has affected these plans, although not clear how at the moment.
ya it does affect, supposedly 737 NG to be hand over to scoot then 737 max goes to SIA.

but they had to delay the plan

https://airlinerwatch.com/silkair-su...going-737-max/
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Could the refit the cabins for the MAX aircraft whilst they are grounded?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by FN-GM
Could the refit the cabins for the MAX aircraft whilst they are grounded?
I assume there is no legal/regulatory issue with that. All the MI 737MAXs have been moved to ASP for storage and I doubt that ASP have the facilities either at the airport or nearby to do the installations.

That said, the longer this grounding goes on, the more I wonder if the 737MAX will ever fly again.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:14 pm

Those new seats are not ready as well. Usually it take time for the seats to be ready.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seanpodge
I assume there is no legal/regulatory issue with that. All the MI 737MAXs have been moved to ASP for storage and I doubt that ASP have the facilities either at the airport or nearby to do the installations.

That said, the longer this grounding goes on, the more I wonder if the 737MAX will ever fly again.
I don’t think it is possible that the 737Max will never fly again.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: A3*G
Hi, a few SQ / SilkAir questions:

1. I'm trying to find connections through SIN into Yogjakarta, Indonesia (YOG) ... seems to be SilkAir operated but the SQ website only finds flights to mid-May. Does anyone know when the summer schedules will be uploaded?

2. Will SilkAir legs count for FFP accumulation as SQ flights (for collection on Aegean A3 Miles+Bonus account)?

TIA!
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by RocketmanBRU
Hi, a few SQ / SilkAir questions:

1. I'm trying to find connections through SIN into Yogjakarta, Indonesia (YOG) ... seems to be SilkAir operated but the SQ website only finds flights to mid-May. Does anyone know when the summer schedules will be uploaded?

2. Will SilkAir legs count for FFP accumulation as SQ flights (for collection on Aegean A3 Miles+Bonus account)?

TIA!
1 - Transferring to Scoot I believe.

2 - Silk Air is not *A so you won’t be able to collect any points outside of KF unless there’s a partnership between the two which I think in your case there isn’t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.