Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

*A Gold with United, but want to credit to SQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 2:30 am
Original Poster

I've got a roundtrip SIN to TPE flight coming up, and based on the fare class, I earn a lot more with SQ than United. However, I'm *A Gold on United. Which number should I give in my booking and how do I optimize benefits? I'm not checking a bag, so really just want to use *G check in desk and go to the SQ lounge in SIN / EVA lounge in TPE. Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:34 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Quote your SQ number to accumulate the miles, but show check in and the lounge your UA gold card.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Gotcha - I'd then just sacrifice *G priority boarding (since I'd get everything else by showing *G UA card)?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hardworking21
Gotcha - I'd then just sacrifice *G priority boarding (since I'd get everything else by showing *G UA card)?
When they call *G to board, just walk up, if they ask (they rarely do), flash them your UA card.
Mlee888, RTWFF, sydunipete and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 8:57 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by hdogan
When they call *G to board, just walk up, if they ask (they rarely do), flash them your UA card.
Exactly right. I've used this technique at every stage of the process including Airport security express paths, lounge entry etc etc.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Perfect, sounds good - thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.