Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ J lounge in SIN?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
SQ J lounge in SIN?

We'll have a long connection in SIN in November, and I've asked elsewhere on FT about where to stay, so that's not the question here.

But when we return to the airport, rather early in the morning, what is our best choice of lounge while we wait?
These days, we prefer to arrive early, especially if there is a comfortable place to stay.

In addition to whatever SQ J "gets us", we have Amex Plat (and Priority Pass through that).

And how early to any recommended lounges open?
It will be a Thursday, and our destination will be AKL, in case that matters.

Thank you.

GC
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:14 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
We'll have a long connection in SIN in November, and I've asked elsewhere on FT about where to stay, so that's not the question here.

But when we return to the airport, rather early in the morning, what is our best choice of lounge while we wait?
These days, we prefer to arrive early, especially if there is a comfortable place to stay.

In addition to whatever SQ J "gets us", we have Amex Plat (and Priority Pass through that).

Thank you.

GC
Assuming you’re on SQ281 departing at 08:45.

You will be departing from Terminal 3. Best lounge will be SQ SilverKris Lounge. It is open 24 hours.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
The mentioned SKL will probably be your best option. Not sure if it counts as „a comfortable place to stay“. Definitely not the kind of lounge one would go to the airport early for.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by worldclubber
The mentioned SKL will probably be your best option. Not sure if it counts as „a comfortable place to stay“. Definitely not the kind of lounge one would go to the airport early for.
Pardon, slightly off topic. What is the best Lounge available to Singapore Air J Tix in Changi Airport (long layover).
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Chang11
Pardon, slightly off topic. What is the best Lounge available to Singapore Air J Tix in Changi Airport (long layover).
Your nearest SKL will be the best option. For a long layover, however, I would go into town or use a hotel at the airport, as the lounges are mediocre at best.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Your nearest SKL will be the best option. For a long layover, however, I would go into town or use a hotel at the airport, as the lounges are mediocre at best.
Thank you worldclubber, so the SKL lounges are better than any other Airline Lounge in Changi.

I've already booked a room in a transit Hotel at the airport. My arrival time is midnight and I depart 9:30 the next morning, so going into Singapore would be a waste of time/money.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:59 am

Thank you worldclubber, so the SKL lounges are better than any other Airline Lounge in Changi.

I've already booked a room in a transit Hotel at the airport. My arrival time is midnight and I depart 9:30 the next morning, so going into Singapore would be a waste of time/money.
If you arrive at midnight - transit hotel might be worthwhile. Although at that time of night the SKL lounge is very quiet so you could grab one of the long couches at the back and get some sleep there. I’ve seen this happen. Showers and toilets are there too.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:48 pm

As a SQ customer, you don‘t have many other or better options at SIN than the SKLs.

For that scenario, a transit hotel is probably best.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I think you can also access the KrisFlyer Gold lounges, as well.

However, one can discuss whether the QF or SKL is better.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by warakorn
Well, the Gold lounge is worse than the SKL J lounge
downinit likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by warakorn

However, one can discuss whether the QF or SKL is better.
The Gold lounge is worse. It was created so that SQ isn't forced to admit partner elites flying in coach into its own lounges.

T2 and T3 both have SKLs that are divided into business class and FC sections, with the T3 lounge also having TPR for those departing in FC on SQ (and IIRC certain high level SQ elites, but this doesn't matter here).

There are various PP lounges at SIN, but I don't think there's an advantage to doing them over the SQ lounge, although there might be a restaurant or grocery store option (maybe in T1?) if your PP card still covers those arrangements.
downinit likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:38 pm

But I think the temporary gold lounge in T3 is ok accordingly to some review
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:07 am

According to Luxury Travel and another online reviews in August the SKL lounge in T2 is better and serves Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve Champagne. I visited the SKL T3 lounge in August was underwhelmed, no Champagne too.

Last edited by Chang11; Sep 18, 2019 at 10:14 am
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The Gold lounge is worse. It was created so that SQ isn't forced to admit partner elites flying in coach into its own lounges.

T2 and T3 both have SKLs that are divided into business class and FC sections, with the T3 lounge also having TPR for those departing in FC on SQ (and IIRC certain high level SQ elites, but this doesn't matter here).

There are various PP lounges at SIN, but I don't think there's an advantage to doing them over the SQ lounge, although there might be a restaurant or grocery store option (maybe in T1?) if your PP card still covers those arrangements.
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
Thank you.
GC
T2 & T3 SKL lounges are open 24 hours, and so is the Plaza Premium lounge @ T1 - I believe that's a PP lounge
If you enjoy breakfast foods in an airport lounge then definitely 3 hours before departure - otherwise sleep an extra hour or two at the hotel
Airline lounge food isn't worth getting up early for ...
So how much do you love your nasi lemak?

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No it's not ... not ATM at least
Have you been to the new/temporary SQ Gold lounge @ T3 - Marhaba by DNATA?
It's definitely heads & shoulders above the old one & the current one @ T2

According to Luxury Travel and another online reviews in August the SKL lounge in T2 is better and serves Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve Champagne.
I visited the SKL T3 lounge in August was underwhelmed, no Champagne too.
Travel blogs?
T3 SKL is better - it's bigger, more hot food options especially the weekly specials of local foods like chicken rendang, gado-gado Asian salad etc.
There always champagne when I've been there, and I've been there a lot the past 5-6 months
The brand of champagne is on rotation & not always catered the same as T2's SKL - they were serving LP the last 2-3 months & it was a good one IMO - better than CH
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76
Travel blogs?
T3 SKL is better - it's bigger, more hot food options especially the weekly specials of local foods like chicken rendang, gado-gado Asian salad etc.
There always champagne when I've been there, and I've been there a lot the past 5-6 months
The brand of champagne is on rotation & not always catered the same as T2's SKL - they were serving LP the last 2-3 months & it was a good one IMO - better than CH
Thanks Kaffir76. Was flying Singapore J, maybe I accidently stumbled into the T3 Gold lounge then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.