FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ J lounge in SIN?
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:44 pm
kaffir76

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The Gold lounge is worse. It was created so that SQ isn't forced to admit partner elites flying in coach into its own lounges.

T2 and T3 both have SKLs that are divided into business class and FC sections, with the T3 lounge also having TPR for those departing in FC on SQ (and IIRC certain high level SQ elites, but this doesn't matter here).

There are various PP lounges at SIN, but I don't think there's an advantage to doing them over the SQ lounge, although there might be a restaurant or grocery store option (maybe in T1?) if your PP card still covers those arrangements.
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
We'll have a long connection in SIN in November, and I've asked elsewhere on FT about where to stay, so that's not the question here.
But when we return to the airport, rather early in the morning, what is our best choice of lounge while we wait?
These days, we prefer to arrive early, especially if there is a comfortable place to stay.
In addition to whatever SQ J "gets us", we have Amex Plat (and Priority Pass through that).
And how early to any recommended lounges open?
It will be a Thursday, and our destination will be AKL, in case that matters.
Thank you.
GC
T2 & T3 SKL lounges are open 24 hours, and so is the Plaza Premium lounge @ T1 - I believe that's a PP lounge
If you enjoy breakfast foods in an airport lounge then definitely 3 hours before departure - otherwise sleep an extra hour or two at the hotel
Airline lounge food isn't worth getting up early for ...
So how much do you love your nasi lemak?

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The Gold lounge is worse. It was created so that SQ isn't forced to admit partner elites flying in coach into its own lounges.
T2 and T3 both have SKLs that are divided into business class and FC sections, with the T3 lounge also having TPR for those departing in FC on SQ (and IIRC certain high level SQ elites, but this doesn't matter here).
There are various PP lounges at SIN, but I don't think there's an advantage to doing them over the SQ lounge, although there might be a restaurant or grocery store option (maybe in T1?) if your PP card still covers those arrangements.
No it's not ... not ATM at least
Have you been to the new/temporary SQ Gold lounge @ T3 - Marhaba by DNATA?
It's definitely heads & shoulders above the old one & the current one @ T2

Originally Posted by Chang11
According to Luxury Travel and another online reviews in August the SKL lounge in T2 is better and serves Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve Champagne.
I visited the SKL T3 lounge in August was underwhelmed, no Champagne too.
Travel blogs?
T3 SKL is better - it's bigger, more hot food options especially the weekly specials of local foods like chicken rendang, gado-gado Asian salad etc.
There always champagne when I've been there, and I've been there a lot the past 5-6 months
The brand of champagne is on rotation & not always catered the same as T2's SKL - they were serving LP the last 2-3 months & it was a good one IMO - better than CH