Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney early check-in

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
Sydney early check-in

I have a flight SYD-SIN in First in the evening (7 p.m.). Can I check in my luggage for that flight as early as 9 a.m. at Sydney airport and then stay in the SQ lounge?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Why would one want to spend 10 hours at Sydney airport? So many lovely things to do on your last day in town...

That said, the Singapore website indicates that SYD check-in counters open 3hr before scheduled flights...
ps107 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by YYZtoDCA
Why would one want to spend 10 hours at Sydney airport? So many lovely things to do on your last day in town...

That said, the Singapore website indicates that SYD check-in counters open 3hr before scheduled flights...
SQ runs 4-5 daily flights from SYD-SIN, the first of which leaves before 9am.

That said, why would you want to spend so long at the SQ lounge? If you can bag drop, go into the city and do something with the time.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
SQ runs 4-5 daily flights from SYD-SIN, the first of which leaves before 9am.
Will they let you check in that early though?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
Not that I have booked this late flight to stay as long as possible in the lounge. But when booking the tix this was the only flight with A availability and now the (LX-)tix cannot be changed. And SQ won't probably let me on one of their earlier flights on the day of departure even when seats are available, I guess.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by shipsmail
Not that I have booked this late flight to stay as long as possible in the lounge. But when booking the tix this was the only flight with A availability and now the (LX-)tix cannot be changed. And SQ won't probably let me on one of their earlier flights on the day of departure even when seats are available, I guess.
They may do. Usually depends on status. The worst that can happen is that they say no. Which has no impact to what your current plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.